Max Length of Run?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trky chsr

Original poster
May 19, 2013
up north
New member here with a question for the experts. My neighbor has a large cottonwood tree that blocks my dish each summer so I would like to move it. One of the possibles with the best line of sight would require approx 60yds of cable. Is this possible or do I need to buy a chain saw :) ? i know this has probably been asked before but I tried a search without a good answer. TC

New member here with a question for the experts. My neighbor has a large cottonwood tree that blocks my dish each summer so I would like to move it. One of the possibles with the best line of sight would require approx 60yds of cable. Is this possible or do I need to buy a chain saw :) ? i know this has probably been asked before but I tried a search without a good answer. TC

Chainsaw :D it actually all depends, do you have HD, SWM system, 18 inch dish? They all have different max cable runs. They say 150 ft max for SWM, I've done a little over 200 and worked but I wouldn't do it again. Legacy HD (old slimline) and 18 inch dishes can go up to 500 ft

I once did a swm that was around 215' from the dish to the house(4 box with whole home). At the house there were still some pretty long runs from there, at least 80' on 1 of them. Installed rg11 from the dish to house. Was pretty nervous about the whole job to begin with because of distance. Was pleased with outcome, had better than average signal & haven't heard a peep from customer, it has been well over a year since install.

Chainsaw :D it actually all depends, do you have HD, SWM system, 18 inch dish? They all have different max cable runs. They say 150 ft max for SWM, I've done a little over 200 and worked but I wouldn't do it again. Legacy HD (old slimline) and 18 inch dishes can go up to 500 ft

Thanks Hutch. I actually have an old system with the 18" round dish so I may be in luck! TC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AM21 vs other antennae

Goodman networks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)