max number of TVs 6?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I seem to recall one time that somebody wrote in and said they had 16 active in one house. They also said that they said that after a certain number DirecTV insisted on an installer putting them in to make sure they were all really there and not being used someplace else. If I'm remembering correctly that would certainly make sense.

I seem to recall one time that somebody wrote in and said they had 16 active in one house. They also said that they said that after a certain number DirecTV insisted on an installer putting them in to make sure they were all really there and not being used someplace else. If I'm remembering correctly that would certainly make sense.

Yup, your remembering correct .... I think I heard someone mention 27 being tops they had heard of ... (maybe SC)

Today I don't think 6 or 8 receivers is really an unreasonable number...

Consider the modern home is so connected that there could be TVs in almost every room, so I could easily see a 4 bedroom house having DIRECTV receivers in the following rooms:

1 - Great Room / Family Room / Living Room
2 - Kitchen
3 - Bedroom 1
4 - Bedroom 2
5 - Bedroom 3
6 - Master Bedroom

So that's 6, but I know people who have the above and also have:

7 - Master Bath (above the sinks, visible from the soaker tub)
8 - Outdoor covered patio
9 - Garage

These are well-connected people, but I would think it's becoming more common to have homes with 6 or more receivers.

As the whole-home DVR receiver starts to roll out, I think it swing back the other way with there being a single centralized receiver, but homes like the one above may still require special handling...

Sure, some folks also have them in their laundry rooms, home offices, basement workshops and just about any room that they spend a lot of time in.

I assume 6 is the most you can order online. You would need to call and arrange for more. I have 7 myself. Family of 5 with A Den, Living Room and Kitchen along with the 4 bedrooms. But yes, I've seen post from folks that have 10-16. With cascading you could add more than that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)