May have to switch back to Dish immediately. Directv sucks.

Ok the kid came back and fixed the problem and it is now up and running. I feel a little bad for being so harsh. I guess I have real high expectations. The problem was the dish wasn't pointed properly. It was late and dark and the kid tried. I tipped him and all is good now. Now I just need locals in HD.

The same message was posted in the Directv forum I have going. I guess I'll be over there for the next two years. Happy day!

I always feel like a monster for never tipping an installer. I never knew it was something that was done.

I always feel like a monster for never tipping an installer. I never knew it was something that was done.

Installers should not be tipped unless you ask them to do something beyond what is required. They get paid far beyond minimum wage unlike the waitress at a restaurant. Tipping is so out of control that I hear people are tipping at the fast food drive-thru in some areas of the country. :eek:

Bob2011 said:
Tipping is so out of control that I hear people are tipping at the fast food drive-thru in some areas of the country. :eek:

What that's crazy have a source to cite?

I never thought the grass was greener. I know where the grass is greener though. Without any TV service provider. That's where this is headed.

Hehehe...it would be cheaper with just an internet connection, Netflix and maybe some purchases off Amazon/iTunes/Vudu, etc. You get to pick what you want to watch, and no commercials nor snipes! A million times better than paying $80+ and seeing the same NCIS and L&O over and over...AND OVER AGAIN on USA, and nothing but reality shows on Syfy, or whatever show all day long on whatever channel...loaded with commercials and plagued with snipes, some even having sound...like on CMT with a Rosanne one.

The problem with Dish, Directv, cable, the public sector, the private sector, and both parties - is that they are all Homo Sapiens !

Never believe people who say "we need to have _____ organization or _____ company".

That jackass installer guy could be your next car mechanic, your next plumber, your next City Council member - it doesn't matter what the organization is - the same incompetent jackasses will be part of it.

Hehehe...it would be cheaper with just an internet connection, Netflix and maybe some purchases off Amazon/iTunes/Vudu, etc. You get to pick what you want to watch, and no commercials nor snipes! A million times better than paying $80+ and seeing the same NCIS and L&O over and over...AND OVER AGAIN on USA, and nothing but reality shows on Syfy, or whatever show all day long on whatever channel...loaded with commercials and plagued with snipes, some even having sound...like on CMT with a Rosanne one.
That all sounds well and good hypothetically, but what about "surfing" when you put yourself in the desert?

Had an issue about 5 years ago with Directv installation when I switched from Dish (which was a huge mistake). Even though there were holes in the floor for the dish installation, for one of the rooms the installer ran the cable from the dish, down one side of the roof to the end of the house... the entire length of the house. Then he ran the cable up to the peak, and down the roof to the opposite side of the house... the entire width of the house and the opposite side of the room from where the dish cables came into the house. Then he ran the cable down the downspout (what?) and drilled a hole through the siding so he could run the cable through the wall. I wasn't home at the time and needless to say when I saw it was livid. The installer must not have wanted to climbed under the house. It bothered me so much that I dropped Directv about 6 months later, refused to pay the bill/cancellation fee unless they fixed the hole in the siding and wall, and went back to Dish.

Directv installer didn't arrive until 8:30 PM (4-8 window) He left at 11:15 PM. Didn't have any flashlights. Had to use my daughters book clip light, my flashlight, and my headlamp. Used my ladder. Nothing is up and running. Wires all over house. Is this why I switched from Dish? Possible huge mistake. Might have to cancel this whole thing. Really lame.

Directv installer didn't arrive until 8:30 PM (4-8 window) He left at 11:15 PM. Didn't have any flashlights. Had to use my daughters book clip light, my flashlight, and my headlamp. Used my ladder. Nothing is up and running. Wires all over house. Is this why I switched from Dish? Possible huge mistake. Might have to cancel this whole thing. Really lame.
Having read your many posts on the D* forum... "I hate Direct/programming guide sucks/No Locals/will go back to Dish...what can I say, other than you made your bed.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)