Maybe finally some cheaper FTA prices...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Looks like Bell put out a fairly impressive ECM and I notice the other market is scrambling tonight. All doom and gloom of course, but reading some of the posts, even they are talking about complexity of it.

how long till Dish follows? Maybe be like last summer when I scored some decent deals on FTA stuff with dealers unloading inventory.

Got my Pansat 3500SD for free.........someone tried to modify it and failed, thus rendering the unit useless.........with a bit of creativity I was able to flash it back to factory firmware and all is GREAT!!! Looking forward to some bargains.........snicker :)

Inno,

I did the same thing with the 3500 I bought last year. User had pretty much hosed it with B-80 firmware update. I had to learn how to jtag, but it was a fun experience and box worked teriffic after that.

Given the latest news in the hacker world, these receivers might become cheaper a lot sooner than I thought!!!
grusome

Is there such thing as too many FTA boxes??? :p
grusome

Of course not ;)

Unfortunately for us it probably will not bring the Traxis prices down, but hopefully it might bring the others down.

So what FTA receiver are you looking forward to get, if the prices drop?

Last edited:
Exactly what I was thinking yesterday.

Time to look for "used" stuff on ebay !

Labgate

I'll look for an HD box (eventhough I want the passion).

I would like to get an 8psk adapter too, but the market is too rich for my taste on those.

Question though, I know there are non-dish 8psk adapters out there now (the ones the sonicviews can use for illegal stuff). Has anyone tried them with the genpix usb adapter and used it with tsreader?

I think it will take a while I bet for prices to come down. From what I gather, only certain parts of Bell are affecte right now. But IIRC these things usually spread quickly when they realize it works and dish follows.

I don't get to into the info, but they are saying it is like last summers Map57 change, but only much more complex and intricate. Similar to how Directv started their final ECM push.

I think it will take a while I bet for prices to come down. From what I gather, only certain parts of Bell are affecte right now. But IIRC these things usually spread quickly when they realize it works and dish follows.

I don't get to into the info, but they are saying it is like last summers Map57 change, but only much more complex and intricate. Similar to how Directv started their final ECM push.

Ya hope it works this time.

Must be working, starting to see new inductees here asking, about stuff like globecast. Guess that serv hasnt been upgraded yet lol.

I'm kind of following the developments, but now it sound like bell is somewhat working, maybe a problem with the ecm cause none of the 3rd party groups did anything that I can gather.

I think once bell gets things figure out and stable, dish won't be far behind.

I don't know how long it'll last, but it's definately got many people talking and no one who seems to be of any decent knowledge is talking positively.

Laff people are bitching about no tv and some have perfectly functional Motorized systems with no Linear LNB on the dish. So much tv, so shallow of minds to just take the time to learn.

I hope Dish does this ECM soon as well.

Although I hope they wait until a big fall premiere ahow or a major PPV comes on and that they zap em seconds before or after the show starts. :D

Laff, the best one I saw was someone asking about NFL ST on bell. All I can think is right now, I can watch at least 5 different pro games and 4 or 5 college games FOR FREE!

Sad the number of folks that I know of who ask me about it........I'm not a whistle blower, not in my nature but there are a LOT of people using such modified systems just in my area. It really is alarming. Sounds like the unit of choice for people who are just jumping on the bandwagon is one of the Viewsat units, not sure which model. Apparently it's one of the simplest to modify.
So I'm guessing if any that will become available around here it'll be one of them. Although it seems like most people will hang on 'till the bitter end and wait for it to come back........I'm sure there are still people with direct tv hacking equipment just waiting for the day! I hope this is really it, the end!!

It will never be the end. It's a cat and mouse game. I remember reading on here before when they thought it would be the big one to end things. They were back up 24 hours later.

I have thought that Directv was secure for a good while now although have heard that it was compromised as well but very limited and tight.

I've heard the same thing about Directv.

This ECM seems to be targeting the FTA market, not the ones who make frankenboxes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)