Maybe I need a new dish for my setup?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes.

Latitude: 40.3074°
Longitude: -76.9003°

You are saying it right, but you have it in your receiver wrong:

my usals coordinates.JPG

That was it!!!

Thank you for pointing that out. I guess a picture is worth way more than a thousand words. Fixed that, and it's going through a blind scan right now.

What I find slightly odd is that the receiver will show signal strength and quality for, say, 77 West, but nothing on 30 West. Yet when I scan 30 West, I get a whole bunch of channels. Ditto for 125 West. But it's plugging along and I am looking forward to my free TV for the winter!

Thanks, guys.

show signal strength and quality for, say, 77 West, but nothing on 30 West.
Signal Strength shows that your receiver is connected to the LNB and power is flowing.

Signal Quality is showing the "quality" of the signal being received for the Transponder listed in the Menu Screen, regardless of which Sat is selected in the Receiver.

The Receiver and Equipment is not "plug-n-play" - it relies on You to enter the correct information. So if you are not 100% sure which Sat you are aimed at, don't rely on the Receiver to tell you - if that makes sense.

Congrats!

Yes.

Latitude: 40.3074°
Longitude: -76.9003°

Satellite: Moteck SG2100
Elevation: 43.4°
Azimuth (true): 180.0°
Azimuth (magn.): 191.3°

I'm still stumped as to the motor moving way beyond expected point. I just went out again. Reset the receiver to factory settings, drive motor to zero using its button, reset motor, and add a single satellite to the list. This time, I tried 97W. It moves from 0 on the motor to around 60, which is way too much. I added 72W, and the motor moves to approximately 30 degrees on the motor. It's the same problem every time. Edited to add photos:

My USALS coordinates:

View attachment 92012

A strong reading for 72W, which is at my reference point since I don't have anything viewable at my true south of 77W. I'm 99% positive that when my setup was working as intended, I'd peaked on 72W and used it as my south.

View attachment 92009

When USALS takes over and moves the motor to where it thinks 72W should be, of course I get zip:
View attachment 92010

This is the reference point, and I get 72W with high quality here.
View attachment 92011

When USALS takes over and moves the motor to where it thinks 72W should be, this is the result. The motor hash marks are at about 35.
View attachment 92008

Your latitude and longitude are entered backwards on your receiver. And you longitude should probably be entered as minus.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)