Maybe new to Dish, should I wait for 922?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

akwebb81

Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
NC
I'm considering ditching TWC as their compression/crowded signals are killing me. In an effort to find a replacement, I am heavily considering Dish. Question is, should I wait for the 922 or just get a 722k w/ ota module? What has been everyone who has beta'd it thought in comparison to the 722? I'm not absolutely sold on it for the sling capabilities, but more of the internet access. Do you think that you could access netflix from the interface and watch netflix on the box? Any idea on the actual release date on this and costs/requirements? Lots of questions, I know, thanks for your assistance.

what I said on the other thread. Just because it is supposed to be release in Oct doesn't mean it will be. It could be Nov, Dec or Jan. Is the sling box features & the new GUI worth waiting for you.

I seriously doubt that the timing of the 922 release will have any substantial imact on the overall E* sub numbers.

I don't know if I will upgrade to the 922 receiver. The scratch pad remote control is something that will keep me from doing so. I want the option to use older remote controls as well. Otherwise I will wait till some of these software features get downloaded to the 722k. I had heard that some of the best features, hopefully like the guide and logos , will be downloaded to the vip series of receivers.

Hey guys, similar question as the OP except I am a current E* subscriber w/ a 722.

I want to have HD on TV2, so am thinking of either getting a 211 to compliment the 722 or wait for the 922 and get HD on TV2 via Sling.

What do you think...worth the wait on the Sling technology for HD on TV2 or just get a 211 and be done w/ it?

Hey guys, similar question as the OP except I am a current E* subscriber w/ a 722.

I want to have HD on TV2, so am thinking of either getting a 211 to compliment the 722 or wait for the 922 and get HD on TV2 via Sling.

What do you think...worth the wait on the Sling technology for HD on TV2 or just get a 211 and be done w/ it?

Depends on the size of your patience and your wallet. 922 won't be cheap, lease or purchase.

722k is a great receiver. There is no reason to wait for a 922. a 922 is in Beta testing,and I would bet it will be a mess the first 6 months once its released. I'll wait a Year before I bother with a 922.

When the 922 is released it will be a significant upgrade cost, even for new subs ... right ?

I was going to wait, but I don't want to be stuck chasing my tail waiting till Oct. or even March.

Especially if it is going to cost me an extra $200 ( wild guess) and it might have some issues still.

I would bet it is at least $200 to upgrade. And I'd also bet that "it might have some issues still" is one of the bigger understatements of the year.

Wait for the 922?

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm in the same boat. I am about ready to jump ship from Cox cable. As much as I would like the 922, I will probably just go with a 722k. My only thought is that maybe I should wait a couple of weeks for a new promo. Does anyone know if a new promo is coming out soon...or should I just put in my order now..?

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm in the same boat. I am about ready to jump ship from Cox cable. As much as I would like the 922, I will probably just go with a 722k. My only thought is that maybe I should wait a couple of weeks for a new promo. Does anyone know if a new promo is coming out soon...or should I just put in my order now..?

I doubt there will be any better promos than present.

There will not be another promo change until Feb 1st. I also wouldn't be surprised if that is when the 922 may actually be available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)