Maybe some big wind this Friday

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
We haven't had a hurricane in a while here and over due.Looks like a close call for us in southern new england this Friday.Any preparations on my Dishes so they don't fly away??.

During our blizzards here in north central Mn, I'd retract the jack as far as possible, and hope for the best. A few have had sustained 50mph, with gusts over 65. It's a HD Steel mesh, survived. Maybe rotating the azimuth so the edge of the dish, instead of the face or backside, faces the expected winds. Hope all survives there with no injury or damage.

When it goes by me, and current projections show it making landfall on me, I'll be taking my bud reflector down. Both in case the pole bends, and to get it far away from flying objects. I'm not worried about the Ku stuff.

I'm glad that I only have to worry about hail and tornados.

Stanleyjohn, if the winds are expected to top 75 mph or so, you might want to consider removing the reflector from the dish assembly. I did this for Katrina, which topped 140 mph in gusts here. My mounts stayed put, and weren't even out of adjustment when I put the reflectors back on. Removing the reflector removes most of the wind resistance, and the post and motor should be fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)