MDU Internet Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SnowVan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Let me apologize in advance for the probable absurd amount of information that i am going to leave out of this post. It will sound as if I haven't the faintest clue what I am doing and I don't mean to be but I have moved to 3 cities in a week and a half and am so lost with work that I am not sure where to begin

Ok, with that said.....

I had MDU install DirecTV/Internet today in an apartment complex that I moved into. DirecTV works fine. Internet is terrible. I mean, just absolutely terrible. It is slow, It goes off most of the day, and I am charged a decent amount for it. Just going off what is said online, many feel the same way about it in my area. Now, I wasn't told that MDU is the mandatory internet provider in the building but I wasn't really told otherwise....I just was told that MDU provided TV/Internet.

I was told yesterday that Verizon did phones in the building. When I went to sign up for their phones online, they recognized my address and said that I could get DSL from them as well as a phone. Now, I am not looking for super-fast internet but just internet that is quick and stable. I know reading online that DSL has many factors to its speed such as distance, wiring, etc.....

My question is....would anyone think that I would be UNABLE to get DSL through the phone line? Could the apartment complex somehow not allow this through some measure?

I would ask the Admin but all 4 left for vacation today and the one man here hasn't a clue. So, I am contemplating ordering Verizon DSL with my phone but am a little worried that Verizon won't be able to get DSL

:(

Drop the satellite internet as soon as you can - you only have a 30 day window in which to change your mind. After that, you're stuck with probably a 2 year service commitment. It might cost you a few bucks to return the hardware - but if you're lucky, that MDU outfit might just come in and remove it themselves. But don't wait.

DSL comes in on your regular phoneline, and should be completely transparent to anyone else living/working in that building. Besides, I can't see why they'd have any say as to how/where you get your internet access anyway.

//greg//

Thanks, Greg. That is what i thought about DSL, especially considering Verizon does the phone lines here. I just wanted to be sure.

The MDU Internet is so bad I am not sure I can put it into words. I download at speeds barely above dial-up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)