Me-TV News

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Their web site has zip code look-up.
You can check to see if it's on a local station.

For Los Angeles area, it's KDOC, channel 56.1

Interesting! I tried my parent's zip code in Allentown,PA and up came WFMZ then my zip code in Pittsburgh, PA and up came WPXI. BOTH stations currently broadcast RTV. Does this mean that RTV will lose more stations like they did with Antenna TV?

I couldn't help but notice a couple of programs in this picture not on the schedule. I see the "Lost In Space" and "Star Trek".

300-talent.jpg

I just wish we could get any of these in Minneapolis. Thats the issue when you have stations owned by huge companies. They dont like helping "the little guy"
CBS is owned by the network...well known they do not put subchannels on.
Fox & My are owned by Fox and they would rather have a SD counterpart
NBC is owned by Gannett and they have a 24/7 weather channel that is usually outdated (yawn!)
CW is owned by Sinclair and actually has decent channels. We have CoolTV and the Country Network
ABC is owned by Hubbard (local Minneapolis company) and they have a 24/7 channel of reruns of earlier newscasts (oh boy!!!)...what sucks is they own the ABC in Duluth, MN and they have RTV on a subchannel
Hubbard also owns a Ind station and they carry ThisTV...but I'd rather have MeTV or Antenna TV
PBS and Ion are the normal stuff

Our DMA is the largest without a CW OTA. WPCW is allowed to pop a transmitter in Johnstown where the old analog UPN was, but altoona and State College are left dark which stinks considering there are alot of poor psu students who cant afford cable. I was going to salvage my old c-band for This and MEtv, but now both are available OTA so thats good.

If all the Luken channels are available FTA we should be getting 3 more this year....PBJ, RTV2, and CarTV :)

We've been pretty lucky in the Cleveland area

RTV-Two Low Power Networks, one in Cleveland/Akron and one in Canton
Antenna TV-WJW-8.2
MeTV-WOIO-19.3 most likely
ThisTV-WUAB-43.2

No way to lose RTV unless the Low-Power Network in Canton drops it..Of course, I still have RTV Free-to-air

interestsing....a few spots her in the upper midwest are changing to metv from RTV...unknown when but here are the confirmed ones

# Des Moines, IA: KCCI, subchannel number not listed
# Waterloo, IA: KWWL/7.3, currently carrying Retro TV
# Rochester, MN: KXLT/47.2, currently carrying Retro TV
# Omaha, NE: KETV, subchannel number not listed
# Madison, WI: WKOW/27.2, currently carrying Retro TV

We've been pretty lucky in the Cleveland area

RTV-Two Low Power Networks, one in Cleveland/Akron and one in Canton
Antenna TV-WJW-8.2
MeTV-WOIO-19.3 most likely
ThisTV-WUAB-43.2

No way to lose RTV unless the Low-Power Network in Canton drops it..Of course, I still have RTV Free-to-air

I was wondering if AntennaTV-WJW is on cable in the Cleveland area? MyTV-WUAB comes through over here on "cable".

In New Orleans, we have RTV, AntennaTV, and ThisTV OTA. I choose to receive RTV and ThisTV FTA instead, since the quality is noticeably better from the source than it is from a HD subchannel.

I guess I have the bomb at Metv's home city. I get Me, Metoo, Ant, This, and RTV OTA. I never thought that when Me signed on in 2003 on LPTV ch 23 that it was going to grow into something this big. Looks like RTV is on the way out in a lot of places.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)