Me-TV News

Status
Please reply by conversation.
interestsing....a few spots her in the upper midwest are changing to metv from RTV...unknown when but here are the confirmed ones

# Des Moines, IA: KCCI, subchannel number not listed
# Waterloo, IA: KWWL/7.3, currently carrying Retro TV
# Rochester, MN: KXLT/47.2, currently carrying Retro TV
# Omaha, NE: KETV, subchannel number not listed
# Madison, WI: WKOW/27.2, currently carrying Retro TV

As well as WPXI Pittsburgh, PA, WFMZ Allentown, PA and WJAC Johnstown, PA.

I like Me TV, but hate seeing additional RTV channels going away.

If Luken were smart they would get all their channels up and running on one sat and sell FTA kits on their website, or at least let people know about it. RTV has alot of good shows, and PBJ looks real good.

If you noticed the Lunken screen on AMC3 now has icons on the bottom for RTV, RTV2, PB&J, TUFF TV, Jewelry, etc. No icon for My Family TV.

Interesting! I tried my parent's zip code in Allentown,PA and up came WFMZ then my zip code in Pittsburgh, PA and up came WPXI. BOTH stations currently broadcast RTV. Does this mean that RTV will lose more stations like they did with Antenna TV?

Woohoo!! Mary Tyler Moore! Dick Van Dyke! Bob Newhart!

You can watch Me-TV in the Beaumont area on the following stations:

Over the air: KUIL - Coming Soon
OMG I hope this is for real and they aren't just talking nonsense like so many other hollow promises about TV and satellite!

MeTV ?

I looked up MeTV in Pa. by zip code on MeTV Page it told it is on WFMZ I went their it was RTV anyone else have WFMZ can tell me will it become MeTV ?

well if it follows the post I made above of the ones changing in MN/IA/WI etc the answer is "unknown" :)

Do you mean RTV in Pa. will become MeTV according to your list on WFMZ Allentown Pa.

on a side note...I put my main antenna on the roof (it was on the deck) and did a rescan and I gained a channel.....woo hoo
It it RTV? no
is it MeTV? no
is it Antenna TV? no
Is it anything good? no

Its another dang church channel that I can get on FTA already....Cornerstone TV :(

I did gain access 24/7 to Ion and their subchannels. Their antenna is about 90 degrees to the west of the main stations (main are NE, this is NW) so I only got it at night....now its strong the whole day :)

Cornerstone is out of Pittsburgh. They have a popular cooking show, but its mainly asking for money stuff. This clip is from a pittsburgh blog about the change from RTV to MeTV:

RTV being swapped for ME-TV

By Eric O Brien
Pittsburgh: Effective June 13 of this year, WPXI-TV (11) will be replacing Retro TV ("RTV") on Channel 11.2 with ME-TV. Me-TV also airs old reruns, but likely a different selection than RTV. "ME" apparently stands for Memorable Entertainment and first aired on Chicago station WFBT (now WWME-CA 23) from Noon - 3:00 p.m. It would later expand to WDJT-TV in Milwaukee and in late 2010 went national with Metro-Goldwin-Mayer handling distribution. It is in direct competition with RTV. Me-TV is owned by Weigel Broadcasting who, together with MGM, also operates ThisTV which is carried on WTAE-TV's (4) secondary channel 4.2.

Pittsburgh Radio & TV Online - PBRTV.com

I'm going to take a guess MeTv is coming to Tulsa. Just noticed we have a new subchannel koki 23.2 popped up today on our Newport owned Fox affiliate. This would give us Rtv, ThisTv, Untamed Sports and MeTv on subchannels in addition to numerous local weather and news loop channels.

It's a shame that so many local RTV channels are disappearing. Like I mentioned once before RTV in Pittsburgh aired "The Addams Family" and "The Munsters" which aren't on RTV's current programming schedule. I would like to see Me TV added in addition to RTV. Sure RTV isn't the same as it once was, but still airs some good shows (Emergency, Leave it to Beaver, Adam-12, etc).

I read that Antenna TV is adding "Mad About You". Eventually Antenna TV will be just like RTV and TV Land.

It's a shame that so many local RTV channels are disappearing. Like I mentioned once before RTV in Pittsburgh aired "The Addams Family" and "The Munsters" which aren't on RTV's current programming schedule. I would like to see Me TV added in addition to RTV. Sure RTV isn't the same as it once was, but still airs some good shows (Emergency, Leave it to Beaver, Adam-12, etc).

I read that Antenna TV is adding "Mad About You". Eventually Antenna TV will be just like RTV and TV Land.

Well the problem is that RTV needs to cycle in some "fresh" material. They have a nice list of shows on their homepage but they NEVER play most of them anymore. It would be nice if they would play a few more shows that us ladies might like.
Alfred Hitchcock, Kate & Allie, Leave it to Beaver, Night Gallery, Suspense Theater, Quincy, Banacek, etc.. They had some good stuff early on but dumped it. Or like Suspense Theater, ran like 10 episodes over and over and never went through the entire series.

Tuff TV's midnight B movie is bad about that too, they run the same movies over and over and over.

The ONLY thing on Tuff TV I ever take a look at is the midnight B movie and most of the time it's a repeat so I go on looking for something else.
RTV, only has a few things I care to watch anymore. Daytime, Leave it to Beaver, Adam-12, Dragnet. That's it. Thankfully they seem to be playing all the Leave it to Beaver episodes rather than repeating a few dozen endlessly.

That Wolfman Mac thing, they ruin really good "bad movies" with all the immature potty humor, burping, farting, etc.. Same with that Midnight Massacre show though it's not as bad. At least on Off Beat Theater they don't ruin the movie with sound overs though they have a million commercials. If it's a really good "bad movie" I'll record it and edit out the commercials. You can't do that with Wolfman Mac stuff. It's flat out ruined. I've seen movies on there that I ended up going to ebay and amazon to buy copies of (usually for 99 cents! + S&H)..

Not to mention, they cut the video quality on ku in half and it's awful now. Like cable TV in 1976 was. Quality wise.

However, I'm excited to be getting Cband now!

This TV has some good stuff that Ms. Nightowl likes! The Outer Limits, Patty Duke, Mr. Ed, and movies I haven't seen in ages!
And MeTV, I haven't seen it yet but I looked at their website and I ~like~ what I see in their show list!
I can't wait! OMG!!! I just looked there and saw TONS of stuff I ~LOVE~ !!! I am soooooo gonna be stuck on MeTV!!!!

There's not much on ku for me anymore except PBS...

I can't believe I'm actually excited to have one of those giant dinosaur dishes in my yard when I was sooooo against them to begin with.
I guess getting stuck back at home made the difference.

BTW, does MeTV have a facebook page by any chance?

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Dee ann is right RTV has alot of good shows, but all we got was the national feed and it never changed. They are going to get crushed by MeTV if they dont improve their schedule. MeTV I read will have the original Star Trek this fall, not to mention svengoolie showing those classic universal horror movies from the 30's and 40's, and some Hammer horror films....Saturday night watching classic horror cant be beat. :)

Dang it, looks like we're getting thecooltv instead of MeTv.:(

edit: Double Dang It!!!! Talking some more with my buddies at the tv station and it looks like we are losing Untamed Sports for The Country Network too. Newport owns both stations.

Last edited:
The best Scifi Comedy ever is Mystery Science Theatre 3000. No one ever shows that anymore.

Dang it, looks like we're getting thecooltv instead of MeTv.:(

edit: Double Dang It!!!! Talking some more with my buddies at the tv station and it looks like we are losing Untamed Sports for The Country Network too. Newport owns both stations.

The Cool TV is like "The Tube" from a few years ago
I like the Country Network :)

Iceberg said:
The Cool TV is like "The Tube" from a few years ago
I like the Country Network :)

TheCoolTV played some awesome rock videos from Skillet, Avenged Sevenfold and Ozzy Osbourne among others last night. All new stuff. I love that channel. We get it and The Country network on our NBC affiliate out of Tallahassee, WTWC-40.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)