ME TV On Dish

METV is so popular and probably inexpensive to add that it is likely we will get it. I already have it OTA in HD, but many around here that do not have OTA antennas will now receive the channel. We have a fair amount of diginets and hopefully more in the future. In SD mode, they do not take much space. Local cable has several we do not have like COZI, Escape, Bounce. But we are getting more. Local cable does not have Buzzr though as no one in Portland OR carries it. That is a fun channel.
Flex Plan customers get zilch. Very seriously considering DirecTV.

Is it going to be in HD? Because if not who cares? I understand the shows are not in HD but SD showed when given the bandwidth of an HD channel look good. When I was able to watch OTA through my Joey off my OTA dongle before Dish screwed that up they looked really good.

I watch several SD shows on SD channels . While I wish all channels were HD now there are some shows and lineups on these "OTA" channels where it just does not matter all that much. In fact they are not on HD channels OTA for the most part. I wish all channels were in HD including all new ones added to DISH but that said the quality or wanting to watch a show can overcome that especially if it is in SD anyway. DISH SD isn't bad, not much different than it is OTA.

Is it going to be in HD? Because if not who cares? I understand the shows are not in HD but SD showed when given the bandwidth of an HD channel look good. When I was able to watch OTA through my Joey off my OTA dongle before Dish screwed that up they looked really good.
I currently get ME TV as an ota sub channel and the picture quality is fine, probably because they broadcast it in HD or at least HD Lite, but the picture quality suffers on a satellite SD channel. For example: I watch the old show Perry Mason on Me TV and the picture is fine. The same series is also available on channel 82, an SD channel and the picture quality is noticeably worse, terrible in fact.
Perhaps Me TV employs better production or transmission standards and hopefully this (poor picture quality) won't be the case, assuming Dish puts it up in SD instead of HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts