Media General Directv Dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If we lose a network station, do we lose the on demand access to that network?
Don't know if theres a a solid answer for that question, I think it would really depend on what the channel and D* can agree on, if the channel is pulling its signal off the air and decided to leave the OD portion I suppose that could happen.

Guess we'll find out tonight. I'm losing WKRN-2, ABC in Nashville. Not too many shows for me, a few for my wife. Will miss some college football if not settled by Saturday.

Is DIRECTV permitted to offer another ABC affiliate from a neighboring DMA, or are we out of luck if there is no agreement?

They can't import from a different DMA.

The only time they can is if you are in a short market and an already imported station is pulled they CAN substitute a different affiliate.
As example, Mankato, MN (90 miles SW of Minneapolis) is its own market but only has CBS & FOX (1 station market). NBC & ABC are imported from Minneapolis. Dish is in a dispute with Tegna (Gannett) and NBC Minneapolis is owned by Tegna. Mankato will get a different NBC is KARE is pulled. Looks like they'll get WHO from Des Moines....really???

Albuquerque locals Fox 2 CBS 13 are still on at 1am ET 11pm local

As of 7am ET the stations are still on DirecTV. Not sure if that indicates they reached a deal or still a short extension while negotiating.

Either way it is a good sign that my local news was available this morning.

Reactions: Jimbo
Had sent an email to my local station letting them know I backed Directv in this dispute, got back this canned email response just now:

We are pleased to inform you that we reached a deal with DIRECTV and there will be no disruption to your local programming.

We appreciate your patience and support throughout these negotiations.

This fair resolution ensures that we can continue to provide top quality news, sports, entertainment, and other local programming that is most important to you.

WKRN/Nashville's News 2

Program & Community Affair Director

Reactions: 66mustang
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)