media player 11

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
I have windows media center version 2002, I tried to download media player 11 and it will not let me. I says my operating system is not supported I need media center 2005 or later. However on the requirments page before you click on download it states "Windows Media Player 11 is designed to work with all editions of Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)" So how can I get this to work? I want this to be able to stream media from my pc to my ps3. or is there another way to stream media?

There are several other programs that will stream A or AV look at Blaze Media Pro, Cowon JetAudio, and possibly the new Enhanced Nero 7 or 8. These are only some that are capable of streaming there are plenty more just do a search to find the best package for your use. MS has the WGA/WPA garbage and that could be your problem, assuming you have upgraded to SP2, but MC 2002 had other issues as well some games won't run on it so it is an odd ball beast.

If you have a pirated version of XP it will not let you use WM11. You have to be able to pass validation.

its a legit version came installed on the pc I got from bestbuy, has past the windows verification in the past. it just says not compatible with media center 2002

There are several other programs that will stream A or AV look at Blaze Media Pro, Cowon JetAudio, and possibly the new Enhanced Nero 7 or 8. These are only some that are capable of streaming there are plenty more just do a search to find the best package for your use. MS has the WGA/WPA garbage and that could be your problem, assuming you have upgraded to SP2, but MC 2002 had other issues as well some games won't run on it so it is an odd ball beast.

I have upgrade to sp2, so i dont know why the wga/wpa would have an effect could you please explain.

I was able to get it to work using Nero MediaHome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts