Media Share

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

fireponcoal

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 4, 2011
Noticed a thread on the other board asking about Media Share usage by posters. I noticed tonight that the MS feature on both of my HR24s has been removed. So, anyone know if it will be returning? Anyone actually care about this feature? I've been using it recently and have grown to like it along with Serviio which I have running on our home computer.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Last edited:
I used it on my TV in the living room for a couple years. Started having problems with it on the HR44 after the last couple of software downloads and bought a separate DLNA box.
If it's not showing up on the HR24's then it may be a prolem with your Serviio. To the best of my knowledge, mediashare hasn't been removed.

Just double checked, and it still shows up on my receivers (HR44, C41, H24)... works too, although still jumpy on the 44 (its a software issue with the HR44)

I reset everything and it's all working as before. Thanks for the replies. I hope they actually update this feature and not eventually remove it.. I'm thinking that might be a pipe dream at this point as it seems people use all the other boxes that are not DirecTV related for what I'm doing. Oh well.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)