MeeGo is alive!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Another LG MeeGo update
LG's MeeGo smartphone and tablet prototypes to be demonstrated next month -- Engadget

It looks like LG is taking the mobile space very seriously. They started with firing its CEO last year
LG Elec Replaces CEO After Record Mobile-Phone Losses - Businessweek

Also, what really surprised me was the fact that the number of mobile patents LG owns is second to Samsung
screen-shot-2011-04-25-at-1-32-52-pm.png

Taken from this article.

This might not mean too much (ITC ruled that neither Nokia nor Apple violated the other party's patents) but
combined with recent LG activity in the mobile space shows that they are determined to compete with Samsung.
Both, their handsets and tablets are getting close...

Good news indeed!

Diogen.

MeeGo: Take 2...
Still coming?
Is this Nokia's Lankku? -- Engadget
Very similar to what was leaked before

nokian9a.jpg

Very decent specs and might make the WP7 modding easier, MeeGo being
Linux will have driver support for hardware later (possibly) in WP7 phones.

Diogen.

I was very pleased to read this: I am not alone thinking along those lines
Nokia’s burning platform might have been a phoenix | This is my next...
In other ways, the N9 is symbol of everything Nokia is actually capable of. The hardware design looks incredible, and it’s astonishingly original given the supposed design limitations of the slab form factor. The OS has a strong design language of its own, many best-in-class features, and an exciting and simple new UI paradigm...

Not only does it look and act like a next generation phone when compared to everything on the market today, it does all that while running Linux!

Diogen.

Shows the ballpark what N9 will sell for: a bit under $700
Nokia's N9 coming to Kazakhstan on September 9th, gets its own billboard -- Engadget

Relative comparisons are always more reliable: it will be about the same as Galaxy R while Galaxy S II is 20% more (second picture).
Considering the S II is expected for $600 unsubsidized, the N9 will be some $550 (imported from Europe) after dust settles...

Also, it is 1/3 more than Nexus S that ends up around the same $550 mark...

I guess Baikonur needs fancy communication tools...:)

Diogen.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)