Meet the DIRECTV ENTERTAINMENT Pack

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Those you listed are in the Classic, but not Entertainment ?
Thank You, I'll be keeping my Grandfathered TC+/ Extra Classic package.
Correct. The actual list is much great but Xtra has more channels in it than Chocie. Basically Entertainment is Choice minus sports.

Q. Is the TC+ = to the Extra Classic or is there also a EC+ ?
What most of us are on is Choice Xtra CLASSIC....I think TC+ is the same as Chocie Xtra classic. The new Chocie Xtra is missing those 8 channels that has been posted in the other thread

Called and spoke to technical help who gave me the best answer yet. The R22 since they still use them sometimes on SD only accounts (and MPEG4 accounts) they still have some. If the R22 took a dump I'd get another R22. Simple as that. The only way to get a HR is to 2 year agreement it and I really dont want that.

Did you try the 3d route?

Maybe this week I'll do the "the receiver took a dump and wont power up" route and see what happens.

I spoke to both tech help and retention yesterday. The retention guy gave me the best explanation about it. The R22 while it can do HD is still considered a SD receiver according to Directv. They can't "turn the HD on" the R22 like they can other receivers. When the account sees a legit HD receiver (like the H23) then the R22 gets the HD. But the guy also told me that they dont have any R22's so "the computer would send a receiver based on what you have" if the receiver died. If I flat out asked for a HD DVR they would consider it an upgrade.

But here is a question for folks....when I look online at my account under equipment it shows the following
DVR (1st R22)
HD (H23)
DVR (2nd R22)

If you have a legit HD DVR does it say "HD DVR" under the current equipment?

I guess if they send me something I dont like (like god forbid a R16 which is also a SD DVR but not HD compatible) I could refuse it...right?

ok thanks. Then it makes sense as my 2 R22's only show "DVR" under it. So I guess its considered an upgrade to a HD DVR....dang

If I use the "receiver took a dump" route they'd probably send me a R22 (if available) or a R16 which is a SD only DVR....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)