Meet the DIRECTV ENTERTAINMENT Pack

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This Entertainment package sounds like my current Preferred Choice Package for International users.

In Feb, the price for Preferred will be $41.99 + I have to add the Sports Pack($12.99) for my local RSN (Lakers, Clippers, Kings) = $54.98.

I really wished the Entertainment Package would have the RSN because it's about the same price total around $54-$55.

If you have a programming package that doen not include local RSNs, can you add the Sports Pack to get your local RSN? I remember when I was with Dish Network, they did not let you do that.

I think with Directv you can. Someone mentioned they had Select for 44.99 and added the multi-sports package

If people can make use of this new package, it's good.

At first thought, and not knowing what channels are in it, I think this package might not attract that many new subscribers on it's own, but, it could keep subscribers who are not needing sports as much, and want more channels in the package for less. This certainly sounds like Direct's way of saying sports is indeed becoming too expensive, and they are finding creative ways to exclude them to make the packages cost less, or at least to be able to make the package bigger.

I would like to see them exclude ESPN and ESPN2 so that it can be even cheaper. There are a lot of customers like me who don't give a damn about sports. And even so we would still get plenty of sports on our local channels on weekends.

its probably one of those things that to carry Disney and the other Disney owned channels they (D*) need to carry ESPN & ESPN2

Here is a thought

in the press release above it says
The sports they really want: All the major sports broadcast on network plus , ESPN, ESPN2

then mentions what it is comparable to

ENTERTAINMENT is comparable to Dish AT200, but for $10 less (after rebate)
It has all the major sports coverage you want – it does not include specialty sports (Local RSNs) that are limited to coverage of specific teams

Dish includes the 4 sports nets (MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA) in AT200....I realize the RSN wont be in there but will those 4? interesting to see. I know Select only has ESPN & ESPN2

I would be interested in a Sports Lovers Pack... ALL of the sports channels (including the spanish ones, RSNs, basic sports in the 200s, specialty sports in the 600s), very basic "other channels" (TBS, TNT, Comedy, Discovery, Science, a few others). Add HBO and the HD Extras, and that's all I'd want.

I would be interested in a Sports Lovers Pack... ALL of the sports channels (including the spanish ones, RSNs, basic sports in the 200s, specialty sports in the 600s), very basic "other channels" (TBS, TNT, Comedy, Discovery, Science, a few others). Add HBO and the HD Extras, and that's all I'd want.

That would be a good idea for sports "lovers." On the other end of the spectrum, I wish they would come out with a Sports "Haters" package! All of the channels in Choice Ultimate/Platinum (if you want premiums) but NO sports. It would be nice if we could opt out of subsidizing the cost of ESPN for those that must have it.

Here is a thought

in the press release above it says
The sports they really want: All the major sports broadcast on network plus , ESPN, ESPN2

then mentions what it is comparable to

ENTERTAINMENT is comparable to Dish AT200, but for $10 less (after rebate)
It has all the major sports coverage you want – it does not include specialty sports (Local RSNs) that are limited to coverage of specific teams

Dish includes the 4 sports nets (MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA) in AT200....I realize the RSN wont be in there but will those 4? interesting to see. I know Select only has ESPN & ESPN2

I was thinking about that too. My interpretation of the press release means that the package will include only ESPN and ESPN2 as full-time sports channels. The rest of your sports fill will come via other networks that broadcast sports (i.e., TNT for NBA coverage, TBS for MLB).

It's interesting. If you notice, the press release has the words "& more" after every line, except the one mentioning sports. So that leads me to believe it will only have ESPN and ESPN2 in the sports department.

Meet the value-packed ENTERTAINMENT Package.
ENTERTAINMENT is a winning combination for customers seeking value with the best in comedy, drama, information, news and sports, and it comes with 4 FREE Advanced Product Upgrades!

ENTERTAINMENT is filled with 140 channels customers want:

• All the top entertainment channels: Disney, USA Network, AMC, FX, TBS, A&E, SyFy & more
  • The most popular lifestyle channels: E, Food Network, HGTV, RFD, Discovery & more
  • All of the major news: Fox News, CNN, CNBC, HLN, MSNBC, The Weather Channel & more
  • The sports they really want: All the major sports broadcast on network plus , ESPN, ESPN2
ENTERTAINMENT is perfect for good-quality customers looking to get all the great features of DIRECTV at an affordable price. For customers who are comparison/price shopping:

• ENTERTAINMENT is comparable to Dish AT200, but for $10 less (after rebate)
  • It?s the same price as Dish?s AT120 (for the first 12 months, after rebate)
  • It has all the major sports coverage you want ? it does not include specialty sports (Local RSNs) that are limited to coverage of specific teams
Entertainment will be available in February from DIRECTV
That is the deal breaker for me. No point in getting it if I cannot watch the one channel I watch most often during the summer time.

bobvick said:
That would be a good idea for sports "lovers." On the other end of the spectrum, I wish they would come out with a Sports "Haters" package! All of the channels in Choice Ultimate/Platinum (if you want premiums) but NO sports. It would be nice if we could opt out of subsidizing the cost of ESPN for those that must have it.

+1

Sounds Like the "classic Select Pack" thats already been out for $39.99 pr month Or the New Select pack for $44.99.

Classic Select:$39.99
  1. A&E
  2. BET
  3. BLOOMBERG
  4. CARTOON
  5. CNBC
  6. CNBC WORLD
  7. CNN
  8. COMEDY
  9. CMT
  10. CSPAN
  11. CSPAN 2
  12. DISCOVERY
  13. DISNEY
  14. ESPN
  15. ESPN2
  16. FOX NEWS
  17. HD THEATER(veloc)
  18. HD NET
  19. HEADLINE NEWS
  20. HGTV
  21. ID
  22. MSNBC
  23. MTV
  24. NICK
  25. TBS
  26. TNT
  27. THE 101
  28. TLC
  29. USA
  30. VH1
  31. TWC
NEW SELECT ADDS, $44.99
  1. ABC FAMILY
  2. BIO
  3. FOOD
  4. GOSPEL MUSIC
  5. GAC
  6. HALLMARK
  7. HISTORY
  8. H2
  9. LIFETIME.
PLUS 10 OR SO INDEPENDENTS.

NO RSN'S.

Locals Netwoks are available.
55 Music channels.

Retension department offered this pack for atleast 3 years already.
Its just now D* is finally going to make all its customers aware of it!

Last edited:
Hemi 6.1 said:
Sounds Like the "classic Select Pack" thats already been out for $39.99 pr month Or the New Select pack for $44.99.

Classic Select:$39.99
[*]A&E
[*]BET
[*]BLOOMBERG
[*]CARTOON
[*]CNBC
[*]CNBC WORLD
[*]CNN
[*]COMEDY
[*]CMT
[*]CSPAN
[*]CSPAN 2
[*]DISCOVERY
[*]DISNEY
[*]ESPN
[*]ESPN2
[*]FOX NEWS
[*]HD THEATER(veloc)
[*]HD NET
[*]HEADLINE NEWS
[*]HGTV
[*]ID
[*]MSNBC
[*]MTV
[*]NICK
[*]TBS
[*]TNT
[*]THE 101
[*]TLC
[*]USA
[*]VH1
[*]TWC
NEW SELECT ADDS, $44.99
[*]ABC FAMILY
[*]BIO
[*]FOOD
[*]GOSPEL MUSIC
[*]GAC
[*]HALLMARK
[*]HISTORY
[*]H2
[*]LIFETIME.
PLUS 10 OR SO INDEPENDENTS.

NO RSN'S.

Locals Netwoks are available.
55 Music channels.

Retension department offered this pack for atleast 3 years already.
Its just now D* is finally going to make all its customers aware of it!

This is a "To Keep You" package, up till now ... are they making it available to all ?
It would. Show that they have something in the $30 range, inticing for some potential subs.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Iceberg said:
I think Entertainment will have way more channels than Select does.

Would be interesting to see if includes network channels like MLB network and if you can add sportspack and still save? Though with sportspack I am guessing the savings won't be there

hopefully we know tomorrow. Scott mentions it earlier in the thread
I am hoping to have full info on Friday.

It will be nice to see a channel list. Would be nice if it was a discounted package for those of us who don't want any of the sports channels.

Right now I subscribe to choice xtra w/ free HD only because it costs less than choice which doesn't include free HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts