Memorial Day, 2010

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Phottoman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Happy Memorial Day to all members and guests.

Just a word about flying your American Flag today.

Correct Flag etiquette has the American Flag at half staff this morning, from Sunup until Noon (Local). Raise your flag to the top of it's mast, then slowly lower it to half staff.

At noon, raise your flag all the way to the top of the staff.

Unless you have a dedicated light shining on your flag (as we do here at the Photto Home), lower your flag at sunset.

Just thought you might like to know.

Photto

Photto,

Good advice on correct Flag etiquette, and a reminder why we have the day off. Seems to me though, that Memorial Day is observed tomorrow on the last Monday in May!

Jim

I think today IS Memorial Day, but the observance tomorrow just gives us an excuse to take another day off.

I closed my store today.

I bought Phottoette a 62" Plasma HD TV for her birthday in September, then a week ago when we were dropping my sister off in Las Vegas to fly to Texas, I bought myself an early Birthday present, a 48" LCD for the bedroom.

With all these new TVs around, I was bound and determined to watch the Indy 500 today (which I did).

Photto

(edit) OK< I looked it up online, I guess your correct TantalusFld, it IS tomorrow. I'll have to have Phottoette raise the flag at noon)

Happy Memorial Day

Here's a hazy pic of the flyover this morning in LA.

I would have shot more but for taking care of family matters.

Attachments

• Memorial Day Flyover, 2010 001.jpg
    Memorial Day Flyover, 2010 001.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 96
i'm not to far from a former military airfield, had a couple of flyovers yesterday. scared the CRAP out of me. darn near knocked muh beer over.

i pulled out the scanner to scan the military freqs. sounded like they were having fun doing flyovers all over california.

sounded like maybe some vets were getting the chance to fly some privately owned wwII planes around norcal as well. wish i coulda been along for the ride and to hear some stories.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)