Memphis, Tn with balcony on East Side: Can I get dish?

prefontaine

Original poster
Sep 9, 2013
memphis, tn
Hello, I have reviewed the forums and can't find an answer. My balcony basically in Memphis, TN looks straight East (maybe a few degree South). I am on the third floor and have absolutely no obstructions to the line of site in any direction. Based on the research I've done on this site on the mapping, it looks like I can get a pretty good view of the Eastern Arc (61.5 thru 77).

My question: Can I get Dish TV? I know I can't get DirectTV.

Thank you.

Just saw your edit......THANK YOU, TheKrell!!!!

Thanks for the reply. I have talked to a local distributor, Dish on the phone, and Dish on online chat. They play dumb wanting me to signup for service (ie: credit card & social security number) before they come to see if they can set me up. This can't be uncommon situation. Should be an easy "yes" or "no". After looking online, it looks like I will be OK in with the eastern arc, just want to be sure.

Thanks again for your response.

Last edited:
Just saw your edit......THANK YOU, TheKrell!!!!

Thanks for the reply. I have talked to a local distributor, Dish on the phone, and Dish on online chat. They play dumb wanting me to signup for service (ie: credit card & social security number) before they come to see if they can set me up. This can't be uncommon situation. Should be an easy "yes" or "no". After looking online, it looks like I will be OK in with the eastern arc, just want to be sure.

Thanks again for your response.

It's far from yes or no. Anyone who tells you without ever seeing your site a definate yes - or no that you will get a signal is full of, well you know....

Just to add some to the existing responses. As others have said, nobody can guarantee line of sight until they get there. And to get there, you do have to sign up for service first. The money is refundable if you don't get service.

Memphis TN on dishpointer:

http://www.dishpointer.com/

For the eastern arc sats, using a dish 1000.4 EA dish (aims at 61.5, 72,77), the azimuth is 151.5 (true) and 152.4 (Magnetic). If your balcony faces true east, the balcony railing would hypothetically be on the 180.0 azimuth, so the dish would point about 30 degrees east of the railing line. Is that workable? Nobody will know until they get there and do a site survey. Can the dish extend past the railing?

I'd say it is extremely likely you can get Dish service, but nobody can say 100% sure until they get there and look.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts