mercury II blind scan

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dxuall1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
mission,tx
:confused: How do I make a blind search with my mercuryII? does it scans and finds channels (wild feeds) in each satellite or just a specific satellite? how fast does this process takes? what is the name/s of wild feeds satellites?

Should be easy to figure that one out, the manual is avail here in the FTA Manuals section. Basic steps to any rec is 1. set up the satellite you want to scan, set the lnb type, switch info, LO freq and save that info. 2. Find the Blind/Power scan menu, call up that sat and get busy.
And it helps if you have your dish pointed at the sat you're scanning!
Wild feeds might be found on any of the satellites, for ex. news you will find on AMC6, AMC5, G26 and others.

The length of time it takes to blind scan (power scan is what it's actually called on the Mercury II) depends on whether you select a quick, normal or detailed scan as well as the frequency step you choose (which I believe, going from memory, are 4 or 6). In any case, a quick scan should take around 5 minutes, while a detailed scan needs about 15 minutes to complete. Normal would be in between. I usually run a quick scan with the step set at 4. However, when I'm looking for news feeds, I run it as detailed and usually change the starting frequency to 12000.

How do I make a blind search with my mercuryII?
Simply press the "P. SCAN" button on the remote control (the button just under the BLUE button).

does it scans and finds channels (wild feeds) in each satellite or just a specific satellite?
Basically what it does is scan the satellite for active transponders and adds any that it didn't know about. These will show up in your list with a [+] next to them. After it scans for active transponders it switches over to search all transponders for active channels. As far as I know It will only do one satellite at a time. There might be a way to batch scan but I don't know how.

TIP: After you press the "P. SCAN" button on the remote you will be offered some options. Make sure the MODE is set to FTA and not SCAN ALL. Otherwise you will have a lot of encripted channels in your list to delete.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)