Mercury II LOCKS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Edwin33

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
So I've had my satellite setup for a few years (thanks to the great help from the members here). Since it's mainly for my parents, I don't know how long this problem has existed, but according to my dad it's been a few weeks. So the dish is pointed at Galaxy 25 97W. All the signal strength and quality readings are fine. Whenever we try to tune to channels 100-111 (Transponder 12152 I believe) the mercury II receiver locks up. Basically what happens is that it becomes unresponsive, or VERY slow at responding to anything whether its a channel change, menu command, or even power off. This goes on for around a minute until it seems that it reboots or something the screen goes black for a few seconds and it tunes to ch 117.

I don't really know where to start the troubleshooting. We've tried replacing the cable, and I've tried unplugging the receiver for a few hours, but that hasn't helped.

The specs are:

Mercury II
S/W Ver. 1.06
H/W Ver. 1.00
Loader Ver. 1.00

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

info from the post Sadoun has above
Some of you reported that their Mercury II receiver started acting weired (Slow channel changing, slow response to remote commands, etc ) when they changed to a certain channel on G25.

What you have described seems to have started happening last week due a signal change from the satellite.
It looks like transponder 12152 on G25 is the culprit.

Try the following steps, and see if it can help:

1- Do a factory reset on your receiver
2- Do a Blind Scan
3- Before browsing channels, delete transponder 12152
To delete Transponder:
Go to Antenna Setup
Select Transponder
Click on Red Button on remote
Delete Transponder 12152
Another solution for your receiver would be to upgrade the Firmware to the latest factory f/w. Go to the download section at Fortec Star Satellites and follow the instructions for updating your firmware.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)