Mercury II TV Antenna in

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TiminMb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Winnipeg, Manitoba
How do you use the antenna (terrestrial) in function on the Mercury II? The manual doesn't mention how you toggle it to receive regular TV signals. Anyone know?

its a pass through so if the box is off it will go through. There is also a button that may say TV/SAT...that works kinda the same way. The A/V plugs are still active so you could record something on satellite while watching a OTA channel

The antenna signal will pass through. What does it pass out of? I didn't look closely enough if there is an antenna out to run into the TV set.

I was hoping the Merc II would actually receive the antenna signal and convert it into A/V output just like the satellite signals, but if it can, I can't figure out how to toggle that active and select a channel.

When I press the TV/SAT button, all I could find it doing is changing my remote into the TV remote so that I could alter TV volume and TV channel settings. I thought it might flip it into TV mode so it acted like a TV tuner, like the VCR that just went up in smoke (reason I am doing this).

Mercury II
Standby: It passes all OTA channels 2 - 69 to the TV RF.
TV mode: Same as standby, passes all channels
SAT mode: merges channel 3/4 (video from FTA) and channel 7 - 69(VHF 2 - 6 are filtered out) . However, it introduces interferences and losses to 7 - 69 especially on high UHF channels. My HDTV digital tuner can only pick up strong OTA digital channels below channel 40.
Mercury II does not have OTA tuners, digital or analog.
Other than distributing both OTA and FTA output to multiple rooms via a single RG6, I don't see a reason you want to use the TV RF output. I tried the SAT mode to distribute both OTA and FTA to multiple rooms and was not satisfied with the fact that I lost channels 40 and above and also the loss of signal quality on lower UHF channels. Ended up installing another set of RG6 just for FTA signal distribution.

When I press the TV/SAT button, all I could find it doing is changing my remote into the TV remote so that I could alter TV volume and TV channel settings. I thought it might flip it into TV mode so it acted like a TV tuner, like the VCR that just went up in smoke (reason I am doing this).

Here is a back picture for the Mercury II. TV Out is where you hook up to your TV

Attachments

• Fortec3.jpg
    Fortec3.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 159
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts