mercury II wont scan.....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jewltronics

Original poster
Nov 16, 2007
NOTE: also posted at Sadoum site...help!!!

wierd...

Have enjoyed this setup for a long time. Blind scan, log feeds, watch ect...now it dont scan (or find anythign). 90cm dish. Example: on (97') i had 123 channels, i deleted all except one, have signal 73' and qual 62'...blind scan does NOT pickup anything..maybe 1tp will show up then show off while scanning. Very wierd...

Same thing happend on other sats.

I have:
1) replaced coax ends....
2) on my south sat, moved up/down/left/right (no signal improvement)
3) universial LNB in/out/lft/rt...(no signal improvement)
4) saved cahnnels and factory reset...
5) pulled my hair out...

Now i assume the LNB/dish pointing is okay cause i recieve many sats from 43' to 116.8....the prevously scanned channels are there and work...

any thoughts...please...

thanks
julian

97' is IA5...

I have even better quality/signal on other sats...

like i said...wierd
julian

NOTE: also posted at Sadoum site...help!!!

wierd...

Have enjoyed this setup for a long time. Blind scan, log feeds, watch ect...now it dont scan (or find anythign). 90cm dish. Example: on (97') i had 123 channels, i deleted all except one, have signal 73' and qual 62'...blind scan does NOT pickup anything..maybe 1tp will show up then show off while scanning. Very wierd...

Same thing happend on other sats.

I have:
1) replaced coax ends....
2) on my south sat, moved up/down/left/right (no signal improvement)
3) universial LNB in/out/lft/rt...(no signal improvement)
4) saved cahnnels and factory reset...
5) pulled my hair out...

Now i assume the LNB/dish pointing is okay cause i recieve many sats from 43' to 116.8....the prevously scanned channels are there and work...

any thoughts...please...

thanks
julian

Had same problem..sent it back to Fortec ( Canada)..They sent me a brand new one!!

wow, its maybe 1 1/2 years old...maybe i will have to get a new one...

thanks for chiming in!
julian

Have you ever cleared the receiver ( loaded factory defaults and started over ) ? It's possible that your memory is too full for the powerscan routine to work. Enough blindscanning and eventually you will fill the thing up with transponders. At any rate, before you try replacing it, restore factory defaults and start over.
:)

i have not done that yet. will try it. i delete channels when i re-scan a sat, thought that would prevent it..

thanks and i will delete all cahnnels, factory reset, and try....

julian

I ran into the same problem with my Merc, didn't care about saving my current sat/channel setup, so I just moved dish to zero position and did a factory reset, then rescanned in sats I wanted....

i have not done that yet. will try it. i delete channels when i re-scan a sat, thought that would prevent it..

thanks and i will delete all cahnnels, factory reset, and try....

julian

The fact is that deleting the channels does not delete the transponder list. Recently I notice that my G11/G17 bird had 112 transponders in its list. That's a lot of different tps found during blindscans, and they are mostly all bogus now. Deleting transponders can be done on the Merc, but it's easier with a channel editor . You might look into that option , it's downloadable from the FortecStar site.

thank yall, i did a firmware update...same...i will as a final try, delete all the tp's...that does make sene...

again thaks all..

BTW, no answer at sodum site..but i recon i will still order my sat stuff from them but thought they would answer...

julian

brent...U tha man!!!!!!!!!

yes, i deleted a whole bunches using the fortecstar utility...and vola!

thank you!
julian

Glad to hear it. It's not just the Merc II, but all receivers can suffer from memory overload when the get too full. My old Buzz Plus at least , gives a "memory full" message after too much blindscanning. Then , you know it's time to take some "memory hygiene " steps.

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)