Merry Christmas From Dish Network

Charlie and Jim looked like someone was holding a gun to their head. It almost looked borderline painful for Charlie. I still don't get the free advertising bit. In the realm of corny commercials they went to a corn bake the night before they shot this one.

Well, this little diddy just showed up on my DVR as a separate 1 minute program.

I don't care how good or bad the commercial is (I personally thought it was well done both on a technical and conceptual level and I thought both Charlie and Jim enjoyed their roll when I saw it as an ad insert on a program I recorded.) . I don't care how short the videos are. I don't care how little space it takes.

KEEP CRAP OFF MY DVR UNLESS I INITIATED THE RECORDING!

Unless it's a video telling me how I won a free lifetime subscription to every channel Dish offeres or something of higher value, KEEP IT OFF MY HARD DRIVE! :)

TNGTony
I like your signature. I can't believe how many people interchange "then" and "than".

I also liked the DISH greeting. Didn't even think about the PC aspect until I read this thread.

Unless it's a video telling me how I won a free lifetime subscription to every channel Dish offeres or something of higher value, KEEP IT OFF MY HARD DRIVE! :)
1++ Agreed. I don't care about xmas commercials, but they don't need to shove it in my face by automatically downloading this to my DVR. If Dish really wants to get in the xmas spirit, how about a free month of service. At least provide an option in preferences to disable worthless downloads.

It's all well and good except when it knocks something off your drive which it did!

I didn't ask for it. I didn't want it! Keep crap off my crap unless I ask for your crap! :)

I think you're being a little harsh. I wouldn't consider this an ad with regard to the attempts to send this to their current customer base. Instead, it would seem more to me that this is almost like a Christmas card being sent out to customers. Now, seeing on regular tv would be more ad-like.

It's all well and good except when it knocks something off your drive which it did!

I didn't ask for it. I didn't want it! Keep crap off my crap unless I ask for your crap! :)
While I agree they shouldn't force feed recordings, I want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly... A one minute recording forced a deletion of another program? Are you really running your DVR that full?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts