Merry Christmas From Dish Network

A. YES. Plenty of people are offended at CHRIST.
Got anything to back that up? I don't know any religion that doesn't believe Christ was a prophet, so why would they be offended at HIM? They might be offended at people for trying to make others believe he is the savior however.

B. Christmas is the reason for the season. Without CHRISTmas, the so-called "Holiday Season" wouldn't exist as we know it.
That's like saying if there were no "big box stores" "Black Friday" wouldn't exist as we know it. Of course you'd still have New Year's to celebrate.

C. NO. I respect other faiths even though I am a Christian and I believe there is only ONE way to God and that is through CHRIST. That being said, I have no desire to remove Hanukkah or any other non Christian holiday from the calendar. This is what makes the USA great.
That's very nice of you, but you neglected to answer the two subquestions... since you wouldn't be offended by someone wishing you "Happy Hanukkah", why do you think others are upset by being wished "Merry Christmas"? And if you're fine about being wished "Happy Hanukkah", why so upset over "Happy Holidays"?

This country was built upon on Judeo-Christian values. And for that reason Christian holidays will ALWAYS have superiority over other religious holidays.
You do realize "Judeo" means Jewish, right? So using your argument, Jewish holidays should also have "superiority", right?
So diminishing Christmas to "Happy Holidays" is a slap in the face to the MAJORITY of those in this country who call themselves Christians and unfortunately many of us just don't care.
Why is it "diminishing"? You do understand there are MULTIPLE holidays (Christmas and New Years), right? THAT'S why "Happy Holidays" is used. If there was such an "anti-Christian" feeling in this country, why isn't there a "push" to stop saying "Happy Easter"? And are you trying to use the argument that since the Majority of the country feels one way, that is the way things should be?

I REALLY feel companies started using "Happy Holidays", not because of complaints or to keep from offending a customer, but to be more inclusive. And, instead of just "sucking it up", which some Christians apparently want non-Christians to do, it's all of a sudden a "WAR ON CHRISTMAS!"

you know, I really do not think Dish was trying to make a statement or anything like that.

It really was probably something along the lines of, hey how can we get dish into a holiday greeting,

Well, "We dish u a happy holidays" would sound pretty stupid so they came up with this.

Since the overwhelming number of people living in America are Christian, it doesn't surprise me that a stranger meeting you for the first time would presume you are just like most Americans and therefore Christian. Unless the demographics change (and it would take many generations for this to happen), that will probably continue to be the case.

Of course I would never try to speak for every non-Christian in America. But wouldn't it show a greater appreciation for the diversity America is renowned for if we could stifle that impulse to assume? After all, everyone knows what happens when you assume . . .

:angel:

I really think that this whole thing is a non issue. With all the REAL problems we face as a nation, whether you say Merry Christmas or not , matters not a bit in the grand scheme of things.

:up:up I don't think many people are offended....just a very loud, very small minority.

Got anything to back that up? I don't know any religion that doesn't believe Christ was a prophet, so why would they be offended at HIM? They might be offended at people for trying to make others believe he is the savior however.

Ummm, how about the Bible? I don't want to turn this into a theological thread but the Bible says that Christ will offend most. It says he would be a stumbling block and be offensive to many because he claims to be THE ONLY WAY to God. HE was WAY more than just a prophet. So you seem to have answered your own question.

I'm going to ignore the rest of your statement as like I said, I don't want to turn this into a theological argument which could easily be done (not to mention I don't have the time to argue your statement point by point). The purpose of this thread is not meant to take us in that direction anyway.

Merry Christmas to all!!!
santa-smiley-06.gif

Ummm, how about the Bible? I don't want to turn this into a theological thread but the Bible says that Christ will offend most. It says he would be a stumbling block and be offensive to many because he claims to be THE ONLY WAY to God.
That's seems (to me) a strange argument to make... "The Bible says this WILL happen, so that's what's happening." Has EVERY prediction in the Bible come true?
HE was WAY more than just a prophet. So you seem to have answered your own question.
He was WAY more than a prophet to YOU (and other Christians). That doesn't mean he was more than that to others.

I'm going to ignore the rest of your statement as like I said, I don't want to turn this into a theological argument which could easily be done (not to mention I don't have the time to argue your statement point by point). The purpose of this thread is not meant to take us in that direction anyway.
And threads have never been hijacked before. :D Just remember, there's two sides to every story, and treat others like you would want to be treated. Remind me... where did that come from?;)

Merry Christmas DISH

Now this one makes me happy and puts a smile on my face.

YouTube - DishSTUDIO's Channel

I applaud Dish Network for this fine Christmas ad!

That is great!

I am so glad to see DISH taking a stand when it comes to Christmas, :D

I have noticed that the CBS commercial with the top shows actors has them all saying happy holidays, that just sucks! :rant:

That's seems (to me) a strange argument to make... "The Bible says this WILL happen, so that's what's happening." Has EVERY prediction in the Bible come true?

Tell me which ones haven't. The only ones left to be fulfilled is the very end of the world.

He was WAY more than a prophet to YOU (and other Christians). That doesn't mean he was more than that to others.

One day, he WILL be way more than a prophet to ALL PEOPLES. He will be a Savior to those who have excepted Him and a Judge to those who have not.

Just remember, there's two sides to every story, and treat others like you would want to be treated. Remind me... where did that come from?

Where did I treat you with disrespect? All I said was that I didn't want to hijack this thread and drive it into a different direction. Others do, yes. I haven't and I don't want to here (even though it seems that it is happening anyway).

Now were are quoting the bible on satellite guys.
Com'on what someone reads or believes give you no more credablility then what anyone else reads or believes. Thats why there are hundreds of different beliefs. Frankly I've got better things to do then worry everyday about getting into Heaven. A place thats only been heard of by MAN. Dead Men at that!. Maybe we are in Heaven right now.
People need to stop always looking for something more then they deserve.

Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays

...All I said was that I didn't want to hijack this thread and drive it into a different direction. Others do, yes. I haven't and I don't want to here (even though it seems that it is happening anyway).

And yet this is your second post about jesus chirst and the bible which has nothing to do with Dish Network wishing it's customers a Merry Dishmas...

Now were are quoting the bible on satellite guys.
Com'on what someone reads or believes give you no more credablility then what anyone else reads or believes. Thats why there are hundreds of different beliefs. Frankly I've got better things to do then worry everyday about getting into Heaven. A place thats only been heard of by MAN. Dead Men at that!. Maybe we are in Heaven right now.
People need to stop always looking for something more then they deserve.

Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays

Well I can argue your statement as well BUT I WON"T.

BACK TO TOPIC!!! please

Bottom line: Dish made a great ad (and it's about time) and I hope I see it plastered all over the airwaves for the next couple of weeks.:)

"We 'dish' you a merry Christmas," WTH? After we stopped laughing our arses off we wondered if it took them as long as it took to come up with this as the Dish Network apron.

laugh your "arses" off all you want, but the amount of free publicity they got for it was and is well worth your little chuckle...

Too bad Charlie makes his employees work on Christmas
Yeah your right, they should shut down all the encoders and the uplink center too...

Some things are a 24/7 operation and Dish is one of them. People who work for companies like Dish know this before even applying so it should not be a surprise to them.

I have a major issue with this commercial!!

about 8 seconds in you see a "tech" on a A frame ladder leaning against a house. tech has No hard hat on, or safety glasses. or for that matter tools, meter, mast. and a big no no. hes talking while on a ladder.

same issues at second 16. hard had, classes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)