merury II/amc 6 72.0 w

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dxuall1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
mission,tx
Does anybody know why my mercury does't let me program trasponder 11890/h/1666 kftl. on amc 6 72.0w? if i put every thing manual it receives signal 47-54 quality and at the time i want to store the trasponder it says invalid parameter. why??? also I've tried the list freq/sr and does the same. also I've tried blind scaning and it never finds it. anybody with this issue???:)

Not sure why. I have that channel though and I don't think I manually added it. If I didi it was a while ago. That channel is one of the stongest that I receive. It comes in at 72 quality when the rest of my channels on all sats come in around 26-50. I also have the latest firmware.

If I bought the receiver/package on december 2007 Do you think I need new firmware? or is just a problem with my settings??

I'm using a merc II ver 1.39 Mar 2 2007 and also get invalid parameter when trying to manually add the transponder.

dxuall1, I think those merc2 come with really old software unless somebody updated it for you before shipping. Maybe elroyj can tell you which version he's running since his is working on that chan. Thats a very low symbol rate, maybe the latest firmware fixed that problem.

I tried with this ultra, it might as well be digicipher lol, can enter manually but it can't lock on
it long enough to display picture, pops and burps and screeches.traxis does it perfectly.

I just tried it on my Merc, and although I got "invalid parameter" it still added the tp to the list ( I looked and there it was ! ) Then an FTA scan got me the channel. I think there is a glitch in the tp editting area of the firmware, but I got mine to take.

:)

Brent

I have version 1.53 from July 16 2007.

How do you add transponders? I think I have seen the 'invalid parameter' before.

And after that I changed the way I manually add transponders.

I always manually add my transponders from the 'TP Scan' Menu setting on the installation menu. I don't do it from the edit transponder screen.

I do delete transponders there since that is the only place I know of to delete TPs and it will show some large numbers after deleting which ususally go away after going out of the edit menu and then going back. So there are bugs with the edit transponder menu.

I went through the same thing about a month ago. Ice is right, it has to do with the low symbol rate. After lots of trial and error mine works when set to 11892 H 1735. Give it a shot.

I have a mercury 2 in my room.I entered 11890/H/1666 in the TP list.and pressed save.When I went back to see if its in the list, I didn't see it listed.The strange thing is that I have the 1.53 version.So, I don't know whats wrong there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)