Mesh Panels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lil Chris

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Kansas City North
Can anybody offer some helpful tips on reinstalling a mesh panel?

It seems as though there are channels down the side for the panel to go into. So, other than patience what else would make this go more smoothly?

Can I pry up the edges of the channel a little bit? Then tap it back down when it's in? Is it ok to do that?
Is it "OK", I don't know, but that's what I do. I use a 1-15" wide Putty Knife, slide it into the channel and lift gently, just enough to fit the knife. Remove the Panel, and clean the channel, it's usually full of dirt. Take your time reinstalling the Panel, use a couple small nails to "poke through" the mesh for a better grip. When pressing the Channel back down, be gentle, it wasn't smashed down when you started, just enough to keep the mesh to the channel.

I've used monofilament to tie the edges of the mesh where they were damaged and not wanting to stay in the channel. I would have loved to watch how they installed panels at the factory. I suspect not with putty knives, but that's the way that seems to work the best.

I would have loved to watch how they installed panels at the factory.
I would guess they use a rigid piece of sheet metal or plastic to slide in first, and the skill of doing it more than a couple of times.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)