Messages thru the Hopper.

TiVo used its message function very well and still does, most recently to notify subscribers about changing cable or even more frequently moving ota channels. of course TiVo has and still does use the message feature to promote upgrades two Newark equipment. overall, I thought TiVo use this message feature very well and most often for relevant information.

one disappointment to me has been Dish's lack of the use of its message feature in older DVRs and since. there are a number of things that this could be communicating to its subscribers, not the least of which is about software updates and what to expect. I hope this new message feature will be used to better communicate to its subscribers.

Nestle's Quick! ?

Now that was drinkable. And still available today with 7 essential vitamins and minerals! (I don't know about Tang or Ovaltine.)

Amazon product ASIN B01DM904QA
OK. Back on topic.
one disappointment to me has been Dish's lack of the use of its message feature in older DVRs and since. there are a number of things that this could be communicating to its subscribers, not the least of which is about software updates and what to expect. I hope this new message feature will be used to better communicate to its subscribers.

That is a happy thought. But I fear Dish, if they start using this feature a lot, will annoy me with yet another plug for their VOD, or worse, tell me how I can stop watching the program I'm watching and start watching it on my cell phone. :mad: That's nuts, even on a phablet.

Now that was drinkable. And still available today with 7 essential vitamins and minerals! (I don't know about Tang or Ovaltine.)

Amazon product ASIN B01DM904QA
OK. Back on topic.

That is a happy thought. But I fear Dish, if they start using this feature a lot, will annoy me with yet another plug for their VOD, or worse, tell me how I can stop watching the program I'm watching and start watching it on my cell phone. :mad: That's nuts, even on a phablet.
WOW! Walmart has the same item for $7.38!!
I drink a glass full every morning.

Reactions: TheKrell
You guys make it sound like the stuff is not available anymore. I am pretty sure it is.
Of course they are still available. I still hate both of them even after all these years. I still remember trying to make a Screwdriver with vodka and Tang. It’s the only time I dumped vodka down the drain! :D

Of course they are still available. I still hate both of them even after all these years. I still remember trying to make a Screwdriver with vodka and Tang. It’s the only time I dumped vodka down the drain! :D

Always keep plenty of gin and root beer on hand., Then you will neer be without a novel and refreshing beverage.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It may be refreshing but it won’t touch my lips. Two beverages give me instant headaches, gin and champagne. ;)
My wife won’t let me drink G&Ts anymore for date nights. Last time I may have poured one on a California girl who had been vastly “augmented” and thought she was hot. Unfortunately, I don’t remember too much of it, but she sent my wife pictures the next day... I do remember not being too big a fan of hers.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)