Messed up DisEqc 1.2 settings--Help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcrunch

Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
Well, stupid idiot that I am, I just messed up my 1.2 settings last night, and I can't figure out how to get back to square one.

I fine tuned the PBS channels on AMC 3 with 1.2 (and was getting a very clear 45-50 quality rating), and then I went to another satellite and fine tuned it. I accidentally hit the "Recalculation" button after fine tuning the second satellite, and now the 1.2 setting on AMC 3 is totally off. Apparently "Recalculation" recalculates all the satellites, not merely the one you're one (that's where the "stupid idiot" rating comes in--RTFM!).

Do any of you know how to get back to square one with 1.2 (or back to the USALS settings so I can adjust from them with 1.2)? When I switch to 1.2 from USALS on any satellite, it immediately shifts to the new position(s) that were done with the recalculations, and I lose everything previously dialed in with 1.2 on several satellites.

I'm using a Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra, if that helps.

Thanks again for any help.

I'm still lost in the ether with my analog slaving setup, as well, despite Iceberg's well-thought-out instructions. Are analog signals as touchy as digital ones? (I thought not, from previous messages I've seen here.)

Ya, thats happened to me before. Makes you just want to punch a hole thru a wall. unfortunetely, you will have to find and fine-tune each of your sats again. What I usually do after something like this happens, is 1. move the dish to the zero positon from the receiver 2. go up on my roof and reset the motor 3. find and fine-tune each of the sats. The memory in the HH motor can fill up if you don't reset it. If you haven't had this happen before, you should be OK in just refinding and setting each sats location. I don't know of any other way around it unfortunetely.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)