METV Alternate programmimg

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
On our METV station, at 8pm we see Mayberry RFD instead of Andy Griffith, just like in the morning we see That Girl instead of Andy Griffith. Why? Does it have to do with the fact that Andy Griffith comes on at 7:30 on another channel?

On our METV station, at 8pm we see Mayberry RFD instead of Andy Griffith, just like in the morning we see That Girl instead of Andy Griffith. Why? Does it have to do with the fact that Andy Griffith comes on at 7:30 on another channel?
Yes. Another station has the rights so METV does alternate programming. They do the same with I love Lucy in the LA area.

Reactions: andy_horton
I appreciate the info. That's what I kinda figured but wasn't sure. Would be nice if more than one channel could show the same thing. I guess that's why it says available on most metv stations

On Satellite 101W C band there are two feeds, MeTV1 and MeTV2. MeTV2 is the alternate channel. For example you can watch Andy at 8:00 PM EST on MeTV1 or choose to watch Mayberry RFD on MeTV2 during the same time slot. At 9:30 PM EST is Twighlight Zone on 1 and a different episode on channel 2 at 11:00PM. Kinda Cool. Most of the time MeTV2 shows color bars. I thought I had read somewhere that if in a local OTA market if another company owns the right to lets say Andy Griffith, they have to show something else, in this case, Mayberry RFD from the MeTV2 feed.

Reactions: andy_horton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)