MeTv Aspect Ratio Changed?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
Almost all of the programs on MeTv were produced for 4:3 tv and have been correctly broadcast in the original format. Some commercials and other promo's were wider. But recently I can only get a wide format with the top and bottom trimmed off on all programs. Is it something they changed or is my equipment set wrong? Other services that broadcast in 4:3 are still the same for me, just MeTv changed.

Check your video output on your receiver to see if something has changed there. I know the AZBox has a menu where you can change the ratio from the TV menu.

It's normal on my setup right now. Probably like Lone Gunman suggested, maybe the aspect ratio on the TV or receiver got changed by an accidental button press of the remote. I've got a cat that jumps up on the arm of my chair onto the remote and does things like that to me all the time.

Well hell, I don't know what to do. All the settings look normal, and other sat channels are in 4:3 when needed. Just MeTv is doing this???

Well hell, I don't know what to do. All the settings look normal, and other sat channels are in 4:3 when needed. Just MeTv is doing this???

Go into your box settings. Set video resolution to 1080p_60 (or 1080i_60 if your tv can't handle the other) Set Aspect mode to 16:9

My MicroHD is set this way, and 16:9's show fine as wide screen, and if it's 4:3 on Metv they also show as 4:3, but with blue (or black sometimes) bars on the left and right sides.

If this doesn't work, delete the channel and re-scan for it.

I haven't noticed any changes. My receiver automatically sets the aspect ratio. It's always 4:3 on MeTV. However the Movies! Channel varies depending on the program, mostly it's 16:9 but is sometimes 4:3.

Ok I found it. My receiver (Optibox Raptor) like many receivers has a V format button on the remote that I never push, touch, or breathe upon. On most channels it does nothing*, but on MeTv it will change the screen to three sizes. I must have bumped it at some point. Thanks for the suggestions to this.

*Surprising because on the Openbox S-9 pushing this was a kiss of death.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts