METV Channel 247

I get it on OTA 02-02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
d38bcfcb5b1208d68f96166f39c2cf3c.jpg
1deb014298d805ae07a7f5a050692e9b.jpg

I don't know how many ways I can say it. You do not get METV locally via satellite. DISH does not carry the local METV in their package for your market. You get your local METV via OTA only. That is why you get the national channel 247. If you disconnect your antenna you will not get channel 2-02 because DISH does not carry it.
Many however do get METV as part of their locals package on Satellite and in those cases they will not get the national feed of channel 247.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I don't know how many ways I can say it. You do not get METV locally via satellite. DISH does not carry the local METV in their package for your market. You get your local METV via OTA only. That is why you get the national channel 247. If you disconnect your antenna you will not get channel 2-02 because DISH does not carry it.
Many however do get METV as part of their locals package on Satellite and in those cases they will not get the national feed of channel 247.
Like the Little Rock market. DISH carries their Metv channel on the satellite and has for a while now. So they wouldn't get channel 247 national version too.

Reactions: Tampa8
I believe a lot of people are still not understanding the primary (*-01) channel that Dish carries vs a sub (*-02, -03, etc) that Dish, with a few exceptions don't carry. I get METV on 247 and also on a -02 sub channel, OTA. The same applies to Grit, LAFF to just name a couple. I get the Dish channels for those, but also OTA on sub-channel.

Sent from my LGLS450 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Tampa8 and TheKrell
Unless a person has OTA and many do not and hasn't in years, the dot 1, 2, 3, 4 etc, they do not totally understand, as they have never had it. Back before 2009, there wasn't any. Dish does have a few markets like Seattle that has a local running METV. The viewers in that market on Dish do not receive 247, as KFFV carries in on Dish.OTA, it doesn't matter, unless Dish carries that OTA channel in regards to ME
TV. I guess carrying the national feed, the local doesn't like it if the viewer watches that over their local. I get METV OTA in 720p, so it is much better than 247 anyway. However, for the few that still have a big dish, METV (National Feed) is still free as well as other diginets. But there are few of us now days. It has been some time since I have seen a working big dish, other than mine.

Reactions: billowens
However, for the few that still have a big dish, METV (National Feed) is still free as well as other diginets. But there are few of us now days. It has been some time since I have seen a working big dish, other than mine.
I think I saw recently that even privately owned receive only BUDs now must be registered. Did i misunderstand ? I retired mine about 10 years ago.

METV has two time zones but they currently are just a tape delay for the west coast. It is a separate feed though

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Thanks for the clarification.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts