MeTV Removed from Dish

I have to report that the admin of these apps, was forced to remove ALL the Weigel channels effective immediately. Which include MeTV, Heroes & Icons, Decades, Movies!, and Start TV.

Apparently, Frndly and LocalBTV have the legal streaming rights at present, so he was forced to remove them. They will not be back, on this app anyway.
Thanks so much for this update! Since you mentioned LocalBTV, I checked and it is finally available in Cleveland! This gives me back many of the channels I lost when Locast shut down. :happydance

However, regarding the specific list of diginets you mentioned (including MeTV) it looks like LocalBTV does not have the rights to any of those for my market yet. :(

I have to report that the admin of these apps, was forced to remove ALL the Weigel channels effective immediately. Which include MeTV, Heroes & Icons, Decades, Movies!, and Start TV.

Apparently, Frndly and LocalBTV have the legal streaming rights at present, so he was forced to remove them. They will not be back, on this app anyway.
Well, the Free2View app just got a lot less useful. Just one day after removing the Weigel channels, this notice was posted in the app (6/13/2022):
"Free2View TV no longer has the ability to provide OTA streaming channels, EXCLUSIVES category has been deleted."
(The "Exclusives" section is where the Weigel channels had been located before they were removed.) So, there go many of the remaining diginets.

Well, the Free2View app just got a lot less useful. Just one day after removing the Weigel channels, this notice was posted in the app (6/13/2022):
"Free2View TV no longer has the ability to provide OTA streaming channels, EXCLUSIVES category has been deleted."
(The "Exclusives" section is where the Weigel channels had been located before they were removed.) So, there go many of the remaining diginets.
Put up a C-band dish if you can. Between 99w, 101w, 103w and 105w, they cover a huge majority of all the OTA sub-channels.

Put up a C-band dish if you can. Between 99w, 101w, 103w and 105w, they cover a huge majority of all the OTA sub-channels.
It looks like most of the major ones from today's F2VTV removal (Cozi, Antenna TV) are covered in my market by LocalBTV. (Thanks again for bringing that to my attention.) Unfortunately, none of the Weigel ones are on LocalBTV in any market they serve, apparently. So, I am not sure why F2VTV was recommending LocalBTV for those, unless that part of yesterday's notice was intended to address the additional removals today.

Out of curiosity, would a standard Directv LNB for 99/101/103 work with a C-band dish? I have one of those that I offered for sale awhile back in the Classifieds section here. It sounds like that may be useful, if it would also work for C-band.

Thanks so much for this update! Since you mentioned LocalBTV, I checked and it is finally available in Cleveland! This gives me back many of the channels I lost when Locast shut down. :happydance

However, regarding the specific list of diginets you mentioned (including MeTV) it looks like LocalBTV does not have the rights to any of those for my market yet. :(

I "move" to the Fresno market when using localbtv because it seems to be the only one that offers decades, MeTv,and Antenna Tv ..Haven't used it lately since we just moved and no time for the camper but nice option to have

Reactions: TheKrell
I "move" to the Fresno market when using localbtv because it seems to be the only one that offers decades, MeTv,and Antenna Tv ..Haven't used it lately since we just moved and no time for the camper but nice option to have
Good catch! That would also be a good market to use for ShopHQ, which was actually removed from Dish recently. There is nothing about that dispute on the dishpromise website, either. :p

Reactions: charlesrshell

I wondered why Weigel was letting some rando get away with (unlicensed, I figured) online redistribution of their channels on Roku. Sure, those channels are just re-runs but MeTV ranked as the 23rd most-watched US TV network by Nielsen last year, ahead of Lifetime, AMC, FX, Paramount Network, MTV and even Fox Sports 1.

I wondered why Weigel was letting some rando get away with (unlicensed, I figured) online redistribution of their channels on Roku. Sure, those channels are just re-runs but MeTV ranked as the 23rd most-watched US TV network by Nielsen last year, ahead of Lifetime, AMC, FX, Paramount Network, MTV and even Fox Sports 1.
He thought they were from a legit source.

And apparently, these apps will not be back, either. This morning, both F2VTV and F2VTV Vol. 2 completely disappeared from my Roku. Search does not come up with anything close to those, either.
I know nothing about the guy, so I'm not accusing him of *knowingly* doing something wrong. Just saying that it looked sketchy on its surface and I figured it wasn't being done with Weigel's blessing.
I for one, am now starting to question the legitimacy of these particular Roku channels.

Here is the complete article about the shutdown of F2VTV:

Apparently, Weigel is not allowed to stream any of these networks anywhere, either:
“By streaming Weigel network and their copyrighted programming over the Internet without authorization, you are in violation of the U.S. Copyright Act,” the legal notice issued by an attorney with Covington Law Firm read. The letter demanded Weigel stop offering the Weigel channels “in any form, but not limited to, any retransmission via Internet streaming or apps available for electronic devices, such as Roku.

I am sure that is a mistake in the article, which should read "The letter demanded Brunet stop offering the Weigel channels..." I still got a good laugh out of it when I read that sentence, though.

It looks like most of the major ones from today's F2VTV removal (Cozi, Antenna TV) are covered in my market by LocalBTV.
Well, now Antenna TV has been removed from LocalBTV. There is not even a message about the channel being missing due to negotiations with the owner, like there is on Buzzr. The Antenna TV channel is simply gone.

Also, I just noticed that LocalBTV is finally available in the Columbus, Ohio market. It looks like Columbus has a much better lineup in their package than Cleveland does. (No Antenna TV either way, though.) Time to "move." ;)

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks! I already have the Free2View apps on my Roku. It is more the principle of the thing. MeTV is a network that "should" be included in the local package, even if Dish has to bring in a national feed to do it. As syphix mentioned earlier, there is still no easy way to record the stream. I suppose it could be recorded in real time using a DVD burner, but that is hardly as convenient as a DVR. Getting the signal OTA is also a no-go for me, since our affiliate's OTA signal does not reach my part of the market.
I have channels DVR with Dish TVE and looks better than the Hopper recordings

METV has been removed once more from Dish.

Message states their contract ran out and suggests other channels while they continue to negotiate to bring it back.

• Angry
Reactions: ClarkGable

ME TV is gone but as of midnight EST, H&I is still there.

• Angry
Reactions: ClarkGable