MeTV schedule changes coming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
Some programming changes headed our way for MeTV, I saw a promo for "Dragnet" coming soon last night. I checked the website, but nothing new posted yet for other changes.

I'm not sure why they would choose that with it currently airing on the Antenna TV Network with so many other retro TV programs that haven't aired in years.

According to their FB page both shows will start on May 6 at 4 PM. (Apparently replacing Wild Wild West)

YAY!!!!!!!! :cheer2:

I think that they are also going to be bringing back The Untouchables as well!

(only problem is that's the same time People's Court comes on. Gonna have to time shift I guess.. Oh well.. :D )

Why does MeTv and others keep bringing back so much of whats been on before when theres soo much that can be gottin that hasn't been shown much for years.

Syndicators don't always offer certain series from time to time, so there's no way for a broadcaster to obtain them legally.

There are a lot of classic older shows that most cable TV networks feel are too old or of poor picture quality that never get aired.
Research found that many viewers, especially younger ones, tended to avoid B/W shows altogether.
That's the main reason older shows like I Dream Of Jeannie and Bewitched whose early years were in B/W, were colorized when they were restored for syndication.
The episodes ME-TV air aren't the restored versions.
One show I think deserves airing, is Ben Casey. It had many popular guest stars and the stories were well written.
Other well written shows include Gomer Pyle USMC and My Three Sons. I don't think these shows are airing anywhere right now.

Tron,

Thanks for the update on My Three Sons.
Didn't know ME-TV was airing this show...I never watch TV at 7 AM anyway, too busy getting ready for work at that time.

That's good to know, I haven't watched that Antenna tv channel very much since it became OTA close enough for me to pick it up. I grew up watching Archie and family, the Jeffersons and Maude.

cant get antenna tv up here in southern ontario.
well not with my crappy ota antenna.
I'm a little further away that you, but in the opposite direction. AntennaTV comes in most nights for me. I do need to get my tower raised another section but have not recruited the help yet to get the job done. I use a cheap clone wisker type antenna for AntennaTV and a CM7777 pre-amp. The pre-amp makes all the difference. A cheap pre-amp gave me no signal at all.

Does anyone know if we can see the new schedule anywhere?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)