Mexico signal issues

Will 2.4m dish work? I have heard that 1.7 will not. Can you log into a 922 "sling box" installed in US from MX?

Hello zburbs, what size do you actually have? and what levels do you acquire?

sling box will work in anywhere, your only limitation could be internet bandwidth in the reception area.....

I have a 1m dish pointed at 119, but 0 signal with a legacy single LNB> I have a dish pro plus lnb that I would like to install, but I am waiting to find out if I need a bigger antena.

I have a 1m dish pointed at 119, but 0 signal with a legacy single LNB> I have a dish pro plus lnb that I would like to install, but I am waiting to find out if I need a bigger antena.

You might need a larger antenna, hopefully some member from Mexico near your location will give readings and antenna size-brand to see what will be your best shot....

For mexico City and Puebla you will need 1.80 meter steel antenna.
Dont buy a copy or a cheap fiberglass antenna

I am waiting for some suppliers to start offering steel 1.8 meter offset to buy one.

I have right now a 1.50 meter and following tp are not working anymore. tps that dont appear i couldnt reach them with the 1.50 meter offset.
tp 8 , tp 12 , tp 16 and tp 21 very poor signal
6 70 90 8 53 48 10 68 88 11 68 87 12 58 58 14 67 88 15 68 89 16 55 55 18 69 89 19 68 88 21 53 50

Heading to Acapulco Sat. where I have 2 - 2.4 meter fiberglass DSS offset dishes with DP lnbs that I've been using for 10 years. I'll report Wed or Thurs on my readings.

I live in Merida Mexico and I have a 1.8 meter dish and I have lost 11,19,18,10, and 1-7 however on 19, 11 and 18 the signal jumps to 25 for just a moment and then goes off without locking in. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to bring in the signals with my 1.8 or will I need to get a 2.4 meter dish.

Thanks

I'm living south (20 miles) of Guadalajara, Everyone has lost signals down here. Many people are changing to Star Choice, the Canadian system. The waiting list for 8 foot dish is >200 people.

Is there a way to point two 6 foot dishes at same satellite and add their signals? Already have a 10 foot aiming at 129,

Hi

I need feedback from people around in Mexico,we have lost several even transponders that have moved to Echostar 14,like 8,12 9 and some other transponders are gone. in Mexico City.

¿Do you have any information about the kind of signal your are getting around Mexico?

Thank you

I live in Merida Mexico and I have signals on 08,09,12,12,16,17, 20,21. However I do not have any signals on 1-7 or 11,14,15,18,19. Does anyone know what I can do to get these signals.

Cancun, Before and After

Signal levels on May 27 and on June 5 after a repoint:

5/27/2010 6/5/2010
TP Signal Signal
1>> 0>> 0
2>> 0>> 0
3>> 0>> 0
4>> 0>> 0
5>> 0>> 0
6>> 37>> 31
7>> 0>> 11
8>> 14>> 12
9>> 0>> 0
10>> 26>> 22
11>> 20>> 22
12>> 25>> 22
13>> 0>> 11
14>> 27>> 20
15>> 30>> 32
16>> 25>> 23
17>> 0>> 11
18>> 34>> 30
19>> 27>> 31
20>> 22>> 20
21>> 16>> 20

For a good comparison...whatever signal you get on transponder 9 is what you will get on all the conus transponders after the middle of june after they switch to the 7/8 fec rate. TP 9 is already 7/8 fec.

Are you still getting your signal?

Any news from Mexico City guys?

I live in Merida and I have a 1.8 Mexican Fiberglass and I am receiving 8, 9, 12, 13,16,17,20, and 21. Are you still getting all of your channels with the big antenna. I was thinking of going to a larger antenna if it will work?

I live in Merida and I have a 1.8 Mexican Fiberglass and I am receiving 8, 9, 12, 13,16,17,20, and 21. Are you still getting all of your channels with the big antenna. I was thinking of going to a larger antenna if it will work?

I can only post in my own experience.

1.-The advantage you have is you are receiving 8 TP they must be beaming them at double power, the other 8 must be beamed single power.

2.- Disadvantage you are using home made antenna so the response is tricky to make final statements of the exact size to use.

Most likely a 8 ft. US made should be good enough, but I couldn't state this unless you where using a Channel Master or other well known antenna brand, also a Spectrum Analyzer whould help you calculate the needed gain.

In fringe we spend big bucks in research....I'm use to this!!!
I hope this helps a bit....

Good Luck!!!!!

For a good comparison...whatever signal you get on transponder 9 is what you will get on all the conus transponders after the middle of june after they switch to the 7/8 fec rate. TP 9 is already 7/8 fec.

Had my dish re-aimed last week. Everything except TP9 was fine. Came back home today at 4:00 PM CDT and TPs 9, 13 and 17 would not lock. Is this the beginning of the end in Cancun?

Had my dish re-aimed last week. Everything except TP9 was fine. Came back home today at 4:00 PM CDT and TPs 9, 13 and 17 would not lock. Is this the beginning of the end in Cancun?

And as of 6 AM everything except TP 9 is back and steady. Did I have a pelican squatting on my LNB?

And as of 6 AM everything except TP 9 is back and steady. Did I have a pelican squatting on my LNB?

If you failure is cyclic (periodic function, in same lapse of times) as you are in fringe you are noticing the natural daily movements of the satellite, they might correct this when the birds are more separated or if there are reports of loss in these ranges of time for and intended service area (not fringe). If this is what's really happening for your area you could fight this with more gain but only tests will be conclusive. my best guess is wait until all adjusts be done and also they move EVII to it's final stationary location; this information I don't have, probably other members could help us with that.

Last edited:
If you failure is cyclic (periodic function, in same lapse of times) as you are in fringe you are noticing the natural daily movements of the satellite, they might correct this when the birds are more separated or if there are reports of loss in these ranges of time; for and intended service area (not fringe). If this is what's really happening for your area you could fight this with more gain but only tests will be conclusive. my best guess is wait until all adjusts be done and also they move EVII to it's final stationary location; this information I don't have, probably other members could help us with that.

Thanks for the reply. I used to have this problem with E*7, but in a different time frame; I wouldn't have signal until 8:30 AM on TP13 and TP17. I'll keep an eye on times over the next few days.

I still don't understand why the LOS is so selective. The dish is pointed at the correct location in the sky, as confirmed by a very critical pointing a few days ago. I know TP9 is unavailable, but why do I lose TP13 and TP17 and no others? Learning all this from the ground up is taking a bit of time :confused:.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts