Mexico signal issues

My friend in Akumal has ordered U-verse to be installed on July 8th at his Texas home. This was his 2 year committment end date with Dish. His Dish subscription ends that day. He informed me that 15 other condo owners in his complex in Akumal are also closing their Dish subscriptions. When they all return in the fall, they will be subscribing to Shaw direct. Right now the people who might rent their unit will be using the adjoining Resort hotel's cable system that has a couple of English channels as well as , German, Italian , and French content to go along with the mostly spanish channels.

So basically The only thing left is to switch to Starchoice or have a severely crippled Dish!

Is there another option ? Directv?

Yet E* has a Latino package in the USA for all the spanish speakers here who like to hear there native language. Someone said there are 1 million Americans who live in Mexico full and part time. Why can't they have the equivalent of the Latin package. I guess it is the same screwing of Americans. Give the Mexicans everything here , but don't give the Americans anything in Mexico.

The issue is with the programing, most of the tv series that you watch are sindicated to Latinamerican channels, ie sonny or WB channel, they pay to broadcast the shows in Latin America, either dubbed or with subtittles, so even if dish Mexico or SKY wanted to sell a Gringo pack (lol) they couldn't. Stop looking for something where there is nothing.

So basically The only thing left is to switch to Starchoice or have a severely crippled Dish!

Is there another option ? Directv?

Presently, 61.5 has some of the more popular channels and the new E15 (Aug 3 startup) should have a solid signal covering a large part of Mexico. Time will tell how the channel lineup will end up.

You can see the present channels at "The List"

Recently installed a 2m dish here in Nicaragua. Missing a few TP's which was normal before the change to Echo 14 but overall the signal levels average out around 75-80%

I live in Merida Mexico and I have lost half of my transponders on 119W, I have a 1.8 meter dish. Can you pick up the dish network on these other satellites? and if you can which one carries the most channels like 119W and where are they located in the sky?

Thanks

Is the Internet infrastructure good enough in Mexico to get a decent slingbox connection to their home in the other country? To me that would seem like a much cleaner solution to the general problem of programming

Is the Internet infrastructure good enough in Mexico to get a decent slingbox connection to their home in the other country? To me that would seem like a much cleaner solution to the general problem of programming

Depending on location, yes, but expensive compared to US prices.

I have the same lost channel issue, but I have not been down to Puerto Vallarta/Manzanillo area to check since the changes occurred in June. Do you have any of the distant networks, channels 241-248 yet? . I am so sick of Dish Network and dealing with their technical issues and security switches. I wish I could just bypass the whole Dish thing and go internet. But I dont want to switch out all my SAT equipment and go with a new system yet, and I know it will be a matter of time before Apple TV will be enough. What are you doing about the new changes and has anything changed for the better since your last posting?

Local Network Channels

If you have DN reception, we can set anyone up with the local networks from SF, NY or both SF and NY. In Mexico or in the US.

Send me a PM or Email to alan [-a t-] BajaSatellite dot com. We've set up several folks in Puerto Vallarta and most recently in Cozumel and Merida.

Needing some Help

If you have DN reception, we can set anyone up with the local networks from SF, NY or both SF and NY. In Mexico or in the US.

Send me a PM or Email to alan [-a t-] BajaSatellite dot com. We've set up several folks in Puerto Vallarta and most recently in Cozumel and Merida.

Allan: I live east of Merida and I have lost half of my transponders. I was receiving my locals from Direct but I lost them when I lost the transponder. Do you know if there is anyone in Merida who is receiving all of their transponders and if they are what type of equipment are the using now. I just noticed you said you had helped someone in Merida to get local channels.

Thanks

i report here from the yucatan penisula, Cancun and Playa del carmen Lost all networks signal in the 119 sat
we try to get the bigger dish ,
ill post if it will work
cheers
niss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)