Mexico?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

xclack

Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
I have DirecTV here in the states and I have a house in way south Mexico. I just got rid of Sky, it was not fun. Is there any Satellite sevices in Mexico that are like DirecTV or can I take my unit there and expect it to work? 87.25 W by 18.45N

When I've been to Cancun, Mexico .. one particular bar had a directv system which was from the US cause it was on ESPN channel 206.

They did have a 10 or 12 foot Paraclipse which I assume it was the antenna used to get Dtv, who knows.

According to the same website, the Echostar 119 signal is better in southern Mexico than D* 101.

Directv Latin America is not offered in Mexico and Brazil anymore. It's offered in 27 other countries in Latin America but not in Mexico. I read in another forum that Directv lost Mexico because of piracy and customers were transitioned to Sky Latin America.

To have US DirecTV service in Mexico you will need a big dish. 1.8 meter to 2.4 meter for your location I believe.
The link I provided has people that can get you the equipment and set it up for you if your interested.
I am not talking pirating by the way, don't need anyone jumping on me about that. You need a valid account and they won't deal with you if you don't have one.

dbstvforum com
can't put the dots yet

Here is a better footprint of 101w and the dish size needed increases as you go south.

54 EIRP needs a 46cm dish a.k.a 18"
50 EIRP needs a 55cm dish. aka 1.8 foot
49 EIRP needs a 60cm dish. aka 1.9 foot
48 EIRP needs a 65cm dish. aka 2.1 foot
47 EIRP needs a 72cm dish. aka 2.3 foot
46 EIRP needs a 77cm dish. aka 2.52 foot
44 EIRP needs a 95cm dish. aka 3.1 foot
42 EIRP needs a 115cm dish. aka 3.7 foott
40 EIRP needs a 138cm dish.aka 4.5 foot
38 EIRP needs a 175cm dish aka 5.7foot

Attachments

• dbs.gif
    dbs.gif
    75.1 KB · Views: 158
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)