Michael Irvin gains Canton entry

So I take it any player who played at "The U" gets a pass on all crimes.

He had a DRUG CONVICTION while playing football, he stabbed a team mate with scissors because he couldn't get his hair cut first.

And the reason he has so many catches and yards is because he pushed off more than any other WR.

Aikman, Emmit and Moose Johnson plus others deserve to be in the hall, but not Irvin.

sit down.......ok.

we agree

Wrong. the two of them were acting like children. :rolleyes:

"
[SIZE=+1]Thursday, August 20, 1998[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+3]Cowboys Notes: Judge details McIver incident; two players cut, etc.[/SIZE]
By Bart Hubbuch
The Dallas Morning News
(KRT)
State District Judge Manny Alvarez, who oversees Michael Irvin's probation, said everyone who was interviewed gave consistent accounts of what occurred in the July 29 dormitory incident that left guard Everett McIver with a deep cut on his neck.
The judge gave the following version of events:
"According to everyone that they talked to, they were standing in line to get a haircut and a tussle ... something about Irvin cutting in line because he was a senior player. And other players kind of taunted this new McIver saying, 'You aren't going to let that guy who weighs 100 pounds less than you get in front of you.' And a wrestling match ensued. Irvin had a pair of scissors in his hand to do the, you know, the haircut ... when they were rolling around all of a sudden McIver was bloodied. They stopped."
Judge Alvarez said McIver was not stabbed"

Some of you guys kills me. His drug conviction was as a user.....being a drug addict is a sickness. NO DIFFERENT than an alcoholic. Are some of you being a tad too selective here? Are you saying the EXACT thing about Mark McGuire?? HE CHEATED by taking performance enhancing drugs! Are you making the same argument about him? Look, like I have said before....IF we were to sort out ANY of the HOF on morality, character and all around good person...MORE THAN HALF would be empty. Ty Cobb use to slide SPIKES FIRST ON PURPOSE(and was DAMN proud to tell ya he did!) and was VERY out spoken about NOT having NI***** playing in HIS league. Juan Marichal went AFTER a player ON THE FIELD with a baseball bat.....!!!IF we are going on shear numbers....which I am, he should have been there when he was 1st eligible. People, when it comes to the ANY of the HOF....will let ONE discretion pass...but will go ballistic on other.....that is being a hypocrite.

Edit...nice job Vurbano!:up We CAN agree on some things!

Some of you guys kills me. His drug conviction was as a user.....
As I recall he was charged with possession and served probation for it a couple of times. Caught in a hotel room with 2 hookers that had coke on them. Where is the user evidence? What drug test did he fail?

Last edited:
As I recall he was charged with possession and served probation for it a couple of times. Caught in a hotel room with 2 hookers that had coke on them. Where is the user evidence? What drug test did he fail?

If that is the case, I stand corrected in my statement....and so do ALOT more people here.

Ok your right, he was in a hotel room with two hookers and a load of coke, but wait he didn't use any, he just possessed it.:rolleyes:

maybe, he just watched!!!!!

lets not forget.....recently using bad judgement when a ``friends'' coke spoon was found in his vehicle!!!!

sorry, i am not an irvin fan.

and i agree.....where the heck is the love for art monk?

maybe, he just watched!!!!!

lets not forget.....recently using bad judgement when a ``friends'' coke spoon was found in his vehicle!!!!

sorry, i am not an irvin fan.

and i agree.....where the heck is the love for art monk?

Monk deserves the hall a hell of alot more than Irvin.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/MonkAr00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/IrviMi00.htm

Here is a comparison of stats between the 2. Monk has more so he should have gotten in before Irvin despite the fact he played 4 more seasons and had more chances to get those stats.

And Monk deserves to be in the HOF too....but let's be serious....IF Irvin had played just as many years....he would have JUST AS GOOD if not BETTER stats. Also, I don't see anyone putting a fight the McGuire comparison....so in conclusion, I agree the Monk should be there also....but this thread nor the discussion is about McGuire NOR MONK...this is about Irvin and his STATS as a player...and they are hall of fame stats....period.

Maybe Irvin's hall plaque will have a picture like this one...

irvinmug1.jpg

some of you will be pleased to know this. i read in the paper this morning that espn has fired irvin......no reason for dismissal given yet!! i'm sure there will be more on this later!

Maybe Irvin's hall plaque will have a picture like this one...

irvinmug1.jpg
Sad, funny, and true all at the same time. It's a shame, but the NFL team rosters could be easily filled with mug shots these days. Our society is going to hell-in-a-hurry if scumbags like this, who I would not trust to empty my trash, are our sports icons.:(

Real Sports Heros - words like honor, loyalty and commitment

Lou Gehrig - July 4, 1939

"Fans, for the past two weeks you have been reading about the bad break I got. Yet today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of this earth. I have been in ballparks for seventeen years and have never received anything but kindness and encouragement from you fans...

When the New York Giants, a team you would give your right arm to beat, and vice versa, sends you a gift - that's something. When everybody down to the groundskeepers and those boys in white coats remember you with trophies - that's something. When you have a wonderful mother-in-law who takes sides with you in squabbles with her own daughter - that's something. When you have a father and a mother who work all their lives so you can have an education and build your body - it's a blessing. When you have a wife who has been a tower of strength and shown more courage than you dreamed existed - that's the finest I know.

So I close in saying that I may have had a tough break, but I have an awful lot to live for.":)

The Crud We Scrape from the Bottoms of our Shoes - works like gangsta, ho, and bling

Pacman Jones (Tennessee Titans), April 14, 2006

When being questioned by a reporter after Police Officers seized 1,653 pounds of marijuana, 128 pounds of cocaine, more than 20 vehicles and $608,000 from a close acquaintance: "You betta get dat damn camera outta my face. You can't prove sh!t. This is ####### private property. Can't you ####### read? You come back here, I'm going to slap you upside the head.":(

...and let's not forget about that multiple murderer O.J. "Slash" Simpson.:mad:

Prison...it's all about the company you keep!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)