Michael Vick Wins Courage Award?!

People are just pissed here that someone that killed Spot did not get more time. PERIOD! It's done and over. He served his time according to the law, the president of the Human Society is happy with his change, the NFL commissioner is happy with his change, as well his team and teammates....

...YOUR opinion, my opinion or anyone elses matters little.

Your opinion is wrong. Vick is getting an award for serving a mandatory jail sentence? For being some special project of the NFL? For saying "Im sorry" after professional speech coaches taught him how? Its an absolute sham. OH poor Vick... hes so brave!

People are just pissed here that someone that killed Spot did not get more time. PERIOD! It's done and over. He served his time according to the law, the president of the Human Society is happy with his change, the NFL commissioner is happy with his change, as well his team and teammates....

...YOUR opinion, my opinion or anyone elses matters little.

Your opinion is wrong. Vick is getting an award for serving a mandatory jail sentence? For being some special project of the NFL? For saying "Im sorry" after professional speech coaches taught him how? Its an absolute sham. OH poor Vick... hes so brave!

My whole issue is, this is a Courage award ?
It take alot of courage to show up and play 2nd / 3rd string and get on the field for 50 plays all year.....

I just don't understand the COURAGE thing.
Is he a football player or a pansy ?

I vocally believe that if you commit a felony you should not be allowed to play in professional sports. Period. That would either shape up these babies or give players from AA and AAA schools a chance to perform.

THAT being said, it does take a lot of courage to show up and make his way through PETA protesters on his way into stadiums...:rolleyes:

As an eagles fan (and owner of a rescued Siberian husky - who appears to have been abused before we adopted her), I was livid when they signed him. But he has shown up, kept his head down and mouth shut, and will likely be a decent piece of trade bait in the off season. That being said, his teammates decide on the award; who else on the birds team should win this award? Don for not throwing up in a couple come from behind wins?

It take alot of courage to show up and play 2nd / 3rd string and get on the field for 50 plays all year.....

I'm confused by the whole thing, myself. There must have been a more deserving candidate on the Eagles roster.

But he has shown up, kept his head down and mouth shut, and will likely be a decent piece of trade bait in the off season. That being said, his teammates decide on the award; who else on the birds team should win this award? Don for not throwing up in a couple come from behind wins?

THERE YA GO! Well said.:up

On the contrary....my opinion is just fine. YOU just don't like it. Too bad so sad. My opinion will come out as many times as I see fit. Don't like it....do comment on it.;)

NEXT!

That's the literal name of the award is all.

Home | The Ed Block Courage Award Foundation

The Ed Block Courage Award Foundation is dedicated to improving the lives of neglected children and ending the cycle of abuse. The purpose is to raise Awareness and Prevention of child abuse. That objective is coupled with the Foundation's commitment to celebrating players of inspiration in the NFL.

Vick has been to hell and back, whether some of you think he should have remained there is irrelevant.

That's the literal name of the award is all.

Home | The Ed Block Courage Award Foundation

The Ed Block Courage Award Foundation is dedicated to improving the lives of neglected children and ending the cycle of abuse. The purpose is to raise Awareness and Prevention of child abuse. That objective is coupled with the Foundation's commitment to celebrating players of inspiration in the NFL.

Vick has been to hell and back, whether some of you think he should have remained there is irrelevant.

Perfect !

What has Vick done to help ANY children with any type of child abuse issues ?

See, thats my whole issue with the award ....
I don't have a problem with Vick being in the league ...
What did he do to merit the award ? (voted on by the players ?)

Did he go to the areas and help kids, make a appearance and offer a contribution ?

You are confusing the goals of the organization with the intent of the award.

I am sorry that the unanimous decision by the Eagles players wasn't enough to sell you on this, feel free to take it up with them. Clearly the 70+ people who voted for him had reason for doing so. Dude has been through a lot and is coming out of it not so bad. He's an example of what can happen once you've faced your bad decisions, made it right, and worked to improve your life.

You are confusing the goals of the organization with the intent of the award.

I am sorry that the unanimous decision by the Eagles players wasn't enough to sell you on this, feel free to take it up with them. Clearly the 70+ people who voted for him had reason for doing so. Dude has been through a lot and is coming out of it not so bad. He's an example of what can happen once you've faced your bad decisions, made it right, and worked to improve your life.

exactly! BUUUUTTTT....that is not enough for some. NONE of here know what he has done to earn this award...and to tell you the truth, for those anti-Vick folks, it wouldn't of matter. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts