GEOSATpro Micro HD vs X2 Premium blindscan

At this point the deinterlace jagged edges are a known issue with the Novatek chipset. Beautiful HD, but the 480i and 576i deinterlace is not very good when connected and outputing HD. We are hoping that Novatek engineers may eventually remedy.

Last edited:
Could someone post a comparison between say a MicroHD and the 1200 in Standard Def? Many of the things on 30W are SD or 576 and RTV at 83W and 97W is mostly SD.

I side by side comparison would greatly help.

TIA

I wish there was a screen capture option for these receivers. To my eye the SD picture quality comparison of the X2 vs. the microHD is about the same as the watching a SD satellite feed vs. my local OTA subchannel picture quality. Softer looking and lacking crisp detail.

MeTV, THIS TV and COZI are about the only SD programming choices I watch.

You might try the display controls , in the tv setup menu, and adjust the contrast /brightness/saturation. I've had some luck making the video on SD look a little more pleasant.

Not able to edit side by side video playout comparison with my basic video editor, but will post up some still images captured from each receiver of the same image with a split screen.

Here are a few images that I just grabbed for comparison. The jaggies more apparent on high contrast edges, but this shows the microblocking that occurs on a typical SD 480i video captured via HDMI 720p output. The X2 default video levels are quite high and appear washed out, but the levels can be adjusted to proper levels to have richer and more accurate color.

X2 on Left / microHD on Right
1_X2.png1_microHD.png
Full Screen Shot

1_X2_CU.png1_microHD_CU.png
Left Area Close-up

1_X2_CU2.png1_microHD_CU2.png
Right Area Close-up

The X2 SD to HDMI 720p output shows pronounced microblocking and jaggies. If I have more time next week, I will grab some high contrast video for comparison.

Last edited:
Here are a few images that I just grabbed for comparison. The jaggies more apparent on high contrast edges, but this shows the microblocking that occurs on a typical SD 480i video captured via HDMI 720p output. The X2 default video levels are quite high and appear washed out, but the levels can be adjusted to proper levels to have richer and more accurate color.

X2 on Left / microHD on Right
View attachment 90334View attachment 90335
Full Screen Shot

View attachment 90336View attachment 90337
Left Area Close-up

View attachment 90338View attachment 90339
Right Area Close-up

The X2 SD to HDMI 720p output shows pronounced microblocking and jaggies. If I have more time next week, I will grab some high contrast video for comparison.

Since the SatAv new HDVR1200 uses the same processor as the X2, is the SD video just as bad, or has it been tweaked a bit better?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)