GEOSATpro Micro Timer issues.

My microHD has been having a tough time with maintaining correct time. Sometimes the time is just not correct. One occasion I couldn't set it as it would always add 10 minutes to whatever I set it to. Other times I will find it displaying something corrupt like 92:56 NM, just weird stuff.

I routinely have to check and correct it to keep the timers going.

Yes, GMT is off and I try using the tips discussed here.

Posts are beneficial when they include documentation. What was done when time changed? What satellite, transponder and channel?

For over two months since this thread started, a specific test STB and my home unit has been flawlessly maintaining time in the manual mode and recording Daily and Weekly programming without a single error.

The units change between multiple satellites, transponders and channels. The units are never placed in standby or disconnected from power.

Why does the test unit and my personal home system maintain perfect time yet these reports pop up? Not sure unless the problem can be documented and duplicated.

Last edited:
Brian and others.... this is NOT a suggested cause, just an anecdote of what went on in ~about~ 1966. We were building All Weather Landing Systems for a large airplane. We were having very weird failures during shake tests and burn-in, seldom consistent. Almost always, different symptoms. And when we troubleshot and repaired the units, it was not the same potted module that failed. There were as I remembered 6 different modules out of 150 on 9 different boards.

I started keeping the module we replaced and when I had time, I would stare at them and puzzle over them. The main thing these had in common was a tantalum capacitor. One of the junior, trainee techs, who went on to be a leader at John Fluke company, took a bunch of those bad modules apart. We could not test the parts at that time, but the capacitors in the modules that failed were all the same brand. One of 4 or 5 brands that were specified by the buyer of the AWLS. We could not "Change the specs and delete the brand" officially, but he went over to assembly and sort out this brand from the boxes and set them aside (several hundred). A few days later, the random failures stopped.

So, with permission of our bosses, we had boards assembled with un-potted modules built with capacitors from that manufacturer. These were then run through burn-in and shake, and before the environmental (heat and cold) part of the test got started, we had massive failure - the slug in those capacitors was coming loose and failing. The engineers "resigned" the module, giving it a new part number. and specifying a particular brand of capacitors to be used. --- Landings successful.

End of semi-off topic. All this to say -- think INSIDE the box. Do not get frustrated. Try to be VERY specific about what is done before,during and after the failure. I will start testing mine, and keep a log or diary of everything I do with the microHD until I figure a pattern. But right now, I do not have the time to do it right. ONE THING I will try, is putting a large filtering circuit on the power line coming in and also make the power in connector VERY solid and secure. It has appeared that my box and cable gets moved when checking to see if everything is going OK, and it seems the next timer disappears. (That being said, I still have only gotten 3 timed recordings since I got this unit - but no time to figure out why.) Again, my location, power, RF, heat / cold situation is UNIQUE. I am not blaming the box. It is nice to use at night when the sun goes down, and we can watch a few minute of TV with the inverter being on. (so far, TBN, Daystar, GOD-TV, and Sonlife are the first four in my Favs list, and all we take time to watch.) Both the TV and microHD are 12VDCV powered.

I've had a few more timers disapear since starting this thread. The last one was different from the one s in the past. The parameters are ANIK F1R , 4060V28346 , 810,802, Daily record 11:30AM 30 min. When I came home from work at 4:00 and turned the TV on there was a solid blue screen reminiscent of the old windows blue screen of death except no text. The receiver would not respond to any of the remote buttons except the power button. The micro powered up and immediately began recording. There were no timers scheduled other than the one at 11:30 AM. The time was off by exactly 4 hours. The minutes were correct and the timer no longer existed. Additional info : both lights were green. during the solid blue screen. GMT was OFF.

Last edited:
You are located in Caledonia, MI? F1R would have been in solar transit around there at about 3:08pm today, and would have swamped out your signal for like 20~ minutes or so. Perhaps the MicroHD didn't come back from that for some reason, so was stuck on what appeared to be a BSOD.

That would possibly explain not recording the show, but doesn't explain the 4 hour jump by the clock. The timer was for 11:30A so I suspect it went to the bsod at 11:30A and stayed that way until 4:00P when I pressed the remote power button and the recording started. I've only had to tweak the clock twice in 21/2 months and that was to bump it up 1 minute each time. The micro is left on 24/7.

That would possibly explain not recording the show, but doesn't explain the 4 hour jump by the clock. The timer was for 11:30A so I suspect it went to the bsod at 11:30A and stayed that way until 4:00P when I pressed the remote power button and the recording started. I've only had to tweak the clock twice in 21/2 months and that was to bump it up 1 minute each time. The micro is left on 24/7.

Well, an apparent lockup of some sort is probably capable of having any sort of odd combinations of results. It's a fact that the solar transit would have affected that sat around the time period I quoted, but hard to say what caused the lockup. Have you observed anything else odd around the house, perhaps there was also some sort of power outage, blinking microwave clock.... ??

Oh, has that exact timer worked properly in the past? I've had a few one-off timers I set, and I didn't notice it changed to "Channel" instead of "Record". So, that explains what happened to those ones at least.

I have observed a consistent bug in the timer screen, where if you set say 3-4 individual timers in a row, the 3rd or 4th one will change from RECORD to CHANNEL. If you don't notice that, it of course won't record later.

Well, an apparent lockup of some sort is probably capable of having any sort of odd combinations of results. It's a fact that the solar transit would have affected that sat around the time period I quoted, but hard to say what caused the lockup. Have you observed anything else odd around the house, perhaps there was also some sort of power outage, blinking microwave clock.... ??

Oh, has that exact timer worked properly in the past? I've had a few one-off timers I set, and I didn't notice it changed to "Channel" instead of "Record". So, that explains what happened to those ones at least.

I have observed a consistent bug in the timer screen, where if you set say 3-4 individual timers in a row, the 3rd or 4th one will change from RECORD to CHANNEL. If you don't notice that, it of course won't record later.

There were no signs of a power outage and the timer had been functioning properly for at least two weeks.

my local time changed on the microhd.

i have 2 weekly programs i record on 58w. japanese cooking shows. the time last sunday was changed and i missed the first recording, on the 5th so set the time for the 12th and sunday recording was proper on the 7th. this morning i wanted to watch the rocording on the 12 and was wrong. checked the time and it was 03:40 pm instead of 10:40 am, my time. set it back to 10:40 am again. have not messed with the time all week but i have changed the antenna to watch different programs. will try to watch the clock for the time and find out where and when it changes on me again. this is with the microhd receiver. charlie

Make sure you have GMT time set to OFF, or this will happen when you tune to a transponder/channel that doesn't have the proper time set. You need to set the time to LOCAL, and then sync it to your pc time.

Then turn OFF the "standby" feature, and leave the receiver turned on all the time.

Then it'll keep proper time. Until I did all this, my time was changing also. Now it hasn't changed or fluctuated in about a month.

Thanks Primestar. I've got it set to record something tonight so I'll see what happens. I noticed the date was correct on mine. The minutes were correct but the hour was off by fours hours...operator error probably lol

I have also experienced a 4 hr jump on my MICROHD timer clock. First time (only time) was yesterday evening after trying to see if I could scan the FOx HD channel on 99W. No joy there of course. GMT WAS OFF. I have several timers set for various programs during the week. Never had any problems before this incident. I'll be recording CASTLE tonight on ABC HD, 99W.

I know this isn't much info, but wanted to share in case there are others. Don't some satellites have strong time setting transmissions like 105W for H2H?

T4Runner said:
I have also experienced a 4 hr jump on my MICROHD timer clock. First time (only time) was yesterday evening after trying to see if I could scan the FOx HD channel on 99W. No joy there of course. GMT WAS OFF. I have several timers set for various programs during the week. Never had any problems before this incident. I'll be recording CASTLE tonight on ABC HD, 99W.

I know this isn't much info, but wanted to share in case there are others. Don't some satellites have strong time setting transmissions like 105W for H2H?

Forgot to say

Software version TDV10290-1-0-2-0

Time reference is provided as a PID on a transponder. The receiver demuxes the TS stream and the tables provide the receiver with information as to which PID is associated with a particular service. When a time reference PID is included in the TS and properly documented in the tables, the receiver will update if in GMT reference mode or ignore if set to manual time setting.

Several types of time reference are used and defined by the DVB standard. This is why it is important to learn if a specific transponder or transponders are being tuned when this issue occurs.

T4Runner said:
I have also experienced a 4 hr jump on my MICROHD timer clock. First time (only time) was yesterday evening after trying to see if I could scan the FOx HD channel on 99W. No joy there of course. GMT WAS OFF. I have several timers set for various programs during the week. Never had any problems before this incident.

Did you happen to notice the time setting after scanning for the new channel?

or

Notice the time setting was incorrect after the recording was missed?

SatelliteAV said:
Did you happen to notice the time setting after scanning for the new channel?

or

Notice the time setting was incorrect after the recording was missed?

It was after a specific scanning for the foxHD channel on 99W. Scanning Didn't work. So I went to check my timers in menu and decided to check the clock first. It was exactly 4 hrs off. But I cannot say the scanning triggered it because I realized I did not look at the clock prior to scanning.

However, I have had no previous clock problems of any kind before.