GEOSATpro microHD Feature Request

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
I feature I'd like to see is an "Apply ALL" option. IE- Instead of going through all the satellites and changing options like LNB freq or motor type. I do it once, and and press APPLY ALL rather than going through each Sat 1 by 1.

Cheers, K

Sorry, Not possible to implement an apply all feature. Each satellite position is managed separately to provide a unique switch and motor path.

An option would be to do this configuration once by keypad or channel editor then save as the default database before scanning any channels. This will give you a customized set-up for your switch and motor paths that can be your new factory default and reloaded after firmware updates.

Coincidentally, I had a similar comment to myself yesterday when I installed my new microHD. I noticed it did not have a "Set motor position for all USALS" as my S9 has. Otherwise, either by default or by my friendly dealer who checked it out in advance, I didn't need to configure much.

Added: The S9 also allows each motor position to be configured independently, if you choose.

I would like to disable the feature to go to last channel viewed on a list when you pull up a list. I wish it to wait until I select a channel to view before issuing DiSEqC data. I would like to surf through multiple lists looking for my channel if I don't remember where it is exactly without moving my dish all over.

I would like to disable the feature to go to last channel viewed on a list when you pull up a list. I wish it to wait until I select a channel to view before issuing DiSEqC data. I would like to surf through multiple lists looking for my channel if I don't remember where it is exactly without moving my dish all over.

"Six of one, half a dozen of the other". Some prefer that the satellite automatically return to the last tuned channel others prefer the method you mention. Probably correct either way.

This was discussed along with other switch and motor commands in the development stages and we settled on this routine. A major rewrite would be required to offer a menu selection between the two methods.

A method to find your channel first instead of surfing through the satellite lists is to have the list type set to "All Satellites" then press the red color button and locate the channel name.

An option would be to do this configuration once by keypad or channel editor then save as the default database before scanning any channels. This will give you a customized set-up for your switch and motor paths that can be your new factory default and reloaded after firmware updates.

I started doing this way back with the Visionsat. I updated all satellite names and settings, then saved a master channel list that had no scanned channels, but was ready whenever I wanted a clean restart.

Whatever happened to support for 32APSK (and higher)? There seems to be more and more feeds out there with this advanced modulation and it would be fun to see a few... or even just lock them.

And it does not seem to be possible to add an IP feed channel manually for recording. Is that only possible through the editor program?

What 32apsk service are you not able to view?

A recent firmware release allows many data streams to be logged. If the table is properly built, the service will log. If the service has an incomplete table or is missing, the PID cannot be identified as a service and it must be manually entered with a channel editor. Please provide an example of an IP feed that you are trying to log.

Last edited:
What 32apsk service are you not able to view?

Any!
Are you saying 32APSK should be working? I have never logged a 32APSK service on a scan, or any that have been posted. I don't want to list anything in the open. I can send you some privately, if you wish. (Also they are not my finds, so I won't post someone's finds without their permission).

A recent firmware release allows many data streams to be logged. If the table is properly built, the service will log. If the service has an incomplete table or is missing, the PID cannot be identified as a service and it must be manually entered with a channel editor. Please provide an example of an IP feed that you are trying to log.

Again, there are many posted IP feeds that the Micro does not log. I will try the channel editor.

Are you saying 32APSK should be working?
Yes, 32APSK works perfectly on the bench and we have heard reports of 32APSK reception in the real world. Even at low FEC rates, 32APSK requires plenty of perfect signal! What size dish, satellites and footprints are you looking at for these services? Are they feeds or 24/7?

Again, there are many posted IP feeds that the Micro does not log. I will try the channel editor.

I would not expect any STB to log IP feeds. The IP tables would typically be built as data PIDs and usually have no reference to being a valid video or audio service or table structure. If a STB logged each active PID on a transponder as a valid service, most satellites would yield thousands of valid data streams that in theory could potentially be a streaming IP data stream.

Tuner sensitivity to work with 6ft dish/LNB limitations with DVB-S2 signals - if possible?

Tuner sensitivity on the microHD is the best of any consumer receiver I have personally tested.

The problem with using a 6 foot dish (I am guessing you are suggesting on C-band) has very little to do with tuner sensitivity. The beam pattern of an undersized dish that is not 2 degree compliant is not narrow enough to produce a ratio of good and desirable channel signal verses the surrounding noise.

Garbage in .... Garbage out.

These feeds are typically calculated for a link budget using a minimum 7 meter downlink. I am surprised when reported 16 and 32APSK feeds are received on anything smaller than a 3-4 meter (10 foot) dish. If you don't have an adequate dish size for the link budget, there really is no work around... :eek:

Yes, 32APSK works perfectly on the bench and we have heard reports of 32APSK reception in the real world. Even at low FEC rates, 32APSK requires plenty of perfect signal! What size dish, satellites and footprints are you looking at for these services? Are they feeds or 24/7?

Well, that's good to know. I don't know of any 24/7 32APSK feed other than NOAA, and I've never tried for it. I have a 10' dish and I use a spectrum analyzer to peak the dish when searching. I am aware of the signal needs for 32APSK reception. I was just hoping that I had at least locked a transponder or 2 - probably without enough signal to watch the program on certain feeds..

I would not expect any STB to log IP feeds. The IP tables would typically be built as data PIDs and usually have no reference to being a valid video or audio service or table structure. If a STB logged each active PID on a transponder as a valid service, most satellites would yield thousands of valid data streams that in theory could potentially be a streaming IP data stream.

Understood. But there were some well known IP feeds, so I had hoped they used a known identifier to enable logging... back to TSReader and the editor program.

Thanks for your quick response.

Isn't NOAA ACM? A special receiver with return path is used to lock these types of signals.

We are working with ALI to provide stable VCM reception, but have no plans to expand support IP data services.

Last edited:
Tuner sensitivity on the microHD is the best of any consumer receiver I have personally tested.

The problem with using a 6 foot dish (I am guessing you are suggesting on C-band) has very little to do with tuner sensitivity. The beam pattern of an undersized dish that is not 2 degree compliant is not narrow enough to produce a ratio of good and desirable channel signal verses the surrounding noise.

Garbage in .... Garbage out.

These feeds are typically calculated for a link budget using a minimum 7 meter downlink. I am surprised when reported 16 and 32APSK feeds are received on anything smaller than a 3-4 meter (10 foot) dish. If you don't have an adequate dish size for the link budget, there really is no work around... :eek:

Thanks for taking the time for reply. Have located a few 10ft dishes in northern Mn.

Isn't NOAA ACM? A special receiver with return path is used to lock these types of signals.

My bad... I forgot about the ACM thing AND it seems I misremembered that NOAA was 32APSK. I think the highest modulation is 16APSK.

But thanks for a great STABLE satellite receiver. It works well. I'll just keep tweaking my dish until I get some 32APSK feeds.

I would like to request again the ability to remove the "Scrambled" label and dot. There is a feed that should be scrambled, but it is playing clearly. Maybe press the exit button a few times? It is really distracting. Thanks.

I would like to see the box that appears after a scan be made a little smaller, so that the results of the scan can be seen better.

I sometimes do a blind scan to find out if the dish is pointed at anything or not, and then use Lyngsat or other information to identify what it is pointed at if it finds anything, but the window that asks if I want to save or not pretty much covers the whole list of what it found, and if I'm not watching when it fills in the list, I sometimes can't use the information to identify what I am aimed at, without saving it so I can see what it is, which I don't always want to do.

I don't know if the satellite sends out it's name, so maybe that could be shown when a scan is made? I usually use a satallite that is out of my range to make these kinds of scans so if I do have to save the information, it doesn't end up polluting the channel list of one of the satellites I use.

I've had same thoughts as Pittsville. And even the failed results which are not added to the channel list can be important to tell you where you are pointed and what can be received. Why cover up this important info?

Scrambled OSD is being modified to time out after xx seconds.

Scan Complete OSD could be moved or mimicked. We will look into options.

The satellite name is not originating from the satellite, but rather from the preprogrammed satellite list selection. We do not use the satellite ID beacon as most North American satellites do not have uniform data. The feature only works on a few satellites outside of the Echostar satellites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)