GEOSATpro MicroHD Glitching and LocksUp

Sorry, was now referring to the Telemundo feeds. In this thread I keep asking for specifics, TP, Specific channel, firmware version, so it is easier to know what we are looking for. Bottom line.... PLEASE provide complete information if reporting something!
Sorry Brian thought you where refering to the post asking if there was any progress on the CTV Mux on AnikF1R thanks for clearing that up but the Telemundo Mux i thing is being refering to is AMC 18 @ 105w 3942 H 30000 DVB-S2 8PSK ? H264 that one thing i cant find the microHD will show you but i have been just watching this mux for like 10min now and there is just a little studdering here and there on various channels on the mux Thanks Cor

ya sorry bry, I'll try to check it out, I deleted most channels the other day for me to start rescanning, once I find something I'll let you know. Could have just been that night, I think I was watching a fight and it broke up like every 3 minutes very slightly. I will try to watch a few channels and send you the info if I notice these problems again.

Still testing CTV mux on 107w 4143V30000. There is no glitching or freezing on the 4 test bench units. No digitalization or macroblocking. Have units on HD-CKY-01, HD-CKCO-02, HD-CJOH-03 and HD-CFCF-04. Fixed resolution 1080p/60hz, no USB drive connected. The microHD has not locked up yet after 3 hours. Going to leave on overnight and check in the AM. Is there a certain channel that is more problematic? Is the microHD resolution set to a fixed output or automatic? What is your dish size and LNB(f or feedhorn).
Well seems like its all the channels have the glitches the three that you are testing do glitch alot i cant remember what channel it lock up on but im sure they where not the same but what i will do is leave it on one of those channel and see if it locks up again and let you know my microHD is set to 1080p and im using a 10ft dish C/KU feed Horn Norsat C-band LNB Norsat Ku LNB Thanks Brian for looking in to this but its odd that your not seeing any glitches but thats the way it goes lol hope something is found wrong because there is no real problem with any other channels other then the ones in this tread the CBC mux seems good watch a half hour tonight and didnt see any issues there Thank Cor

I'm still getting glitching and freezing on all the CTV channels also..I noticed brian is getting this mux on freq.4143..I'm receiving them on 4140..would this make a difference??? I re-scanned,but still get them on 4140..I'll try 4143 later and post back..

I'm still getting glitching and freezing on all the CTV channels also..I noticed brian is getting this mux on freq.4143..I'm receiving them on 4140..would this make a difference???
no. Each LNB has a little "play" and when blind scanning it may be off by 2 or 3 MHZ...its when you get more than say 5MHZ off then start to worry

no. Each LNB has a little "play" and when blind scanning it may be off by 2 or 3 MHZ...its when you get more than say 5MHZ off then start to worry
Didn't think it would make a difference either..worth a try..do u have a MicroHD??? give it a try ...I'll hook up the Pansat 9200hd tomorrow and see what happpens..thanks.

yes I have a Micro (see my signature) but my dish is ghetto moved (again see signature) so its not like I can move the dish and voila there they are
I have to physically move the dish out of the garage ;)
(and its like 13 out so that aint happening tonight)

maybe a day this week when I have some time

After many hours of watching the various CTV channels, I have detected a slight stutter that happens once every one or two minutes and less frequently a rapid macroblocking that appears in the 1/3rd up from the bottom on channel HD-CJCH-05.

Am recording the mux and will have it reviewed.

Thanks for your patience!

Brian,don't know if this info will really help you out any,but I also see the glitches using my AZ Ultra off my 10' Winegard perf,with an old BSC621.It's not constant it's just like it misses a frame every once in awhile,doesn't seem to bother the audio.Don't have an MHD,yet anyway,so I can't comment on that.

We have observed the stutter step video on 105w - NBC West channel. We recorded the mux and will submit to ALI to review and correct the coding. This used to be an occasional issue, but today we have observed it on several program sources. NBC must have changed encoders or ???

Thank you!

This must be the issue I was noticing on 103W Ku during the Macy's parade. I still haven't gotten around to remuxing the stream to see if a remux would clean up whatever is causing the stutter. It's really more like a 'strobing' effect that happens during fast motion.

I wish to publicly thank waylew for sharing his observation about the stutter and macroblocking also on the AZbox!!! This post sent me down another path of testing.

The stutter and macroblocking that was reported on CTV mux is observed on these other receivers:
Manhattan RS1933
Traxis DBS6000HD
X2 HD Premium
Unnamed test STB with STI chipset solution.

Not sure what to make of this. The test represents four different chipsets on 5 consumer HD receivers all experiencing the same issue. Will have to wait for a stream analysis by ALI engineers then determine if a fix could be implemented for the microHD.

Perhaps, as you thought, they might be implementing new encoders? The issue with the NBC feeds is not the traditional broken TS that would result if the signal was weak or the hard drive too slow. It is more like the receiver is encountering data in an otherwise viable stream that throws it off momentarily.

Did this issue get resolved with the new firmware update?

Thanks

I wish to publicly thank waylew for sharing his observation about the stutter and macroblocking also on the AZbox!!! This post sent me down another path of testing.

The stutter and macroblocking that was reported on CTV mux is observed on these other receivers:
Manhattan RS1933
Traxis DBS6000HD
X2 HD Premium
Unnamed test STB with STI chipset solution.

Not sure what to make of this. The test represents four different chipsets on 5 consumer HD receivers all experiencing the same issue. Will have to wait for a stream analysis by ALI engineers then determine if a fix could be implemented for the microHD.

There is some stuttering/freezing on the 3D and world feeds of the Masters today. Live and recorded. High bitrate h.264 HD could be the cause.

What firmware version?

What satellite and frequencies?

Does it occur if the drive is disconnected? A slow drive or USB cable has been previously identified to be the cause of this issue.

Could you provide a 5 minute recording along with the Modulation, FEC and Symbol Rate?

I have been watching on a few different feeds and am not seeing this.

PM sent...

2 more tidbits:

The audio never glitches when the picture freezes. It plays perfectly.

S/N at least 25db on the Avcom spectrum analyzer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts