GEOSATpro MicroHD is Cycling Standby / Reboot

dotbatman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
I've had my microHD for a couple of months and it's bitten the dust. I had just scanned in a bunch of stations on 118.8 west, but I was pointed at 121. I went into the menu and deleted each of the channels that it had added. It prompted me to save when I clicked exit and blank screen. I noticed the LED on the microhd switching from green to red meaning it was rebooting and it never came back. Now I've got it hooked up to a USB-to-TTL cable and the Ali Editor won't pass it on the serial test. I also noticed that every 30 or so secs it flashes the led red and then back to green with the TTL cable attached. Any suggestions? Do I have a brick on my hands?

Have the same problem after deleting 118.8 this morning. It had found some channels on a neighboring satellite and now it is bricked. Any other suggestions besides having to reflash this unit? It didn't start this until scanning 118.8 and then deleting it.

We will attempt to duplicate by scanning and deleting 118.8.

What satellite name was selected (not just the position).

Are these units running the 8/29 firmware and the Satellite/Transponder list .udf file included with that download or have you edited and customized the .udf?

Last edited:
Have the same problem after deleting 118.8 this morning. It had found some channels on a neighboring satellite and now it is bricked. Any other suggestions besides having to reflash this unit? It didn't start this until scanning 118.8 and then deleting it.

Did you delete the satellite, or just the channels you had scanned in?
By "bricked", you mean that it is in the reboot cycle, led flashes red, then green, then several seconds later, repeats? And, you never get any display?

Are these units running the 8/29 firmware and the Satellite/Transponder list .udf file included with that download or have you edited and customized the .udf?

FYI, Brian, This thread reminded me of when my unit died, I had just scanned in some channels from a satellite way east, like around 30 degrees, or so. It was a bunch of channels that I didn't want to save, so I deleted them. It died after that...don't know if it's coincidence, or related, just letting you know.

Bryan, I am using the latest firmware. I scanned the satellite in hopes of finding new channels. When I scanned the channels, I found that on this satellite that some of the channels are duplicated, so I went back in and deleted just the satellite. It deleted the satellite and then went in a cycle of restarting over and over again. I think think that it is looking for the deleted satellite but it is now gone. The satellite that I am referring to is 118.8. Can't tell you any more because this system is now hosed. Tried to shut it down, cut the power and disconnect the antenna but when everything is hooked back up, it starts the cycle again.

The power cycling simply means the user data file was corrupted. The receiver is not bricked. The receiver is unable to resolve a user data file entry and this causes the receiver to reboot. A bricked receiver will not even boot.

Back to the original question. Was this the original user data file (.udf) or had the user data file been edited by a PC channel editor? I assume that you scanned KU-band? The latest .udf file mistakenly shows two KU satellites at the 118.8 position and I am wondering if this has any connection. Do you recall which satellite name you selected?

You will need to load a fresh .udf file via the TTL Serial comport. Wallyhts has manufactured a nice USB convertor cable package that will plug directly into the TTL port on the microHD PCB. It is in stock and ready to ship for only $15.99 at http://gotcband.gostorego.com/microhd-recovery-cable.html

Brian, the .udf file had not been edited by a pc channel editor. I just scanned the satellite that was already in the list. I'm sorry that I can't tell you anything about which satellite, just that it was 118.8. Scanned the satellite, looked at the channels, then deleted the satellite and it started rebooting. That's it. Have already ordered the cable. Hopefully that will get me back to square one.

Are the TX/RX cables reversed?

I will double check, but I think I tried both ways.

I'm using the 8/29 firmware with no custom udf. I didn't even preserve my udf from when I was using the firmware that came with it, I decided I'd just start fresh.

Back to the original question. Was this the original user data file (.udf) or had the user data file been edited by a PC channel editor? I assume that you scanned KU-band? The latest .udf file mistakenly shows two KU satellites at the 118.8 position and I am wondering if this has any connection. Do you recall which satellite name you selected?

I personally was using the C-Band version of 118.8. I had never used any sort of pc editor on my .udf. I had never even exported my .udf. I had channels scanned in on 91, 95, 97, 99, and 107.3. I had no Ku satellites selected at all. I had scanned in items on 116.8 and then since nothing interested me, I went back into the configuration and removed the heart image next to that satellite prior to scanning and then deleting these channels.

The other day I unselected a satellite that had channels still logged and didnt have any issues

I removed 99W & 137W C-Band (unselected them from the list) and still had like 70 channels to remove (was doing some testing with the big dish). No issues

I had scanned in items on 116.8 and then since nothing interested me, I went back into the configuration and removed the heart image next to that satellite prior to scanning and then deleting these channels.

Please clarify the process leading up to the issue. What do you mean "removed the heart image next to that satellite prior to scanning"?

Detail the exact steps in sequence after scanning the C-band 118.8 channels.

Please clarify the process leading up to the issue. What do you mean "removed the heart image next to that satellite prior to scanning"?

Detail the exact steps in sequence after scanning the C-band 118.8 channels.

1. Went to satellite menu and removed 116.8W and added 118.8W (both C-band)
2. Scanned 118.8W, realized it was scanning in 121W channels, canceled scan.
3. Went to channel list and used the blue button to get into delete mode, selected all 118.8W channels just scanned and placed the blue X on them to mark them to be deleted.
4. Hit exit, was prompted to save and chose yes
5. Screen goes blank

1. Went to satellite menu and removed 116.8W and added 118.8W (both C-band)
2. Scanned 118.8W, realized it was scanning in 121W channels, canceled scan.
3. Went to channel list and used the blue button to get into delete mode, selected all 118.8W channels just scanned and placed the blue X on them to mark them to be deleted.
4. Hit exit, was prompted to save and chose yes
5. Screen goes blank

Was the 118.8 satellite removed from the active satellite list after the scan (removing the heart icon in the Satellite List)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)