microhd no signal

mucketbucket

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2010
louisville,ky
I got my new box and hooked it up, updated the firmware via usb did factory reset and scanned in 97w and everything seemed to be going fine so I did 97w ku and everything was ok. I moved my sat east to start setting up the other sats. While in the process of setting up my vbox settings and changing sat position my hd stopped working. It no longer will receive a signal. It doesn't say no signal but the meter stays on 45 constantly. I even hooked up my old coolsat 5000 and 97w comes right in. I unhook it and hook up the microhd and still not working. Everything seems to be working on the hd but just doesn't show it is receiving signal. I even unhooked the vbox and went straight into to hd but still will not scan in anything. Anyone else run into this problem, if so how do i fix it?

Ok, Just did another download and update, factory reset and it's working again. Just one of those crazy things that happen i guess, i just wish they didn't happen to me all the time. lol

I just figured out what is going on, don't know why though. For some reason the signal meter quits working. When I try to find a new sat position the signal meter is not working either on tp list scan or antenna setup. I thought everything was ok but that was because the antenna was still on 97w so all i did was a rescan after update. I was searching for 99w and moving my dish 1 click at a time but no movement on the signal meter. I accidently went back to 97w after I had moved the dish and the signal meter instantly went to 90. I re-scanned the position using 99wc even though there was no signal on the meter and lo and behold there it was. Same thing with 99wk no signal on meter but scanned anyway and it scanned in the 99wk channels. Now what do i do. It appears that for some reason the signal meter is not working when searching for new sat positions.

Do you have alive transponder as the first transponder on the list? If not the signal meter has nothing to look at. Same thing on every box I have used. It is like you are in a room with one small window. Unless you look at the window, you can not see outside. When you do a blind scan, you slowly turn around, looking for windows.

Ok, Just did another download and update, factory reset and it's working again. Just one of those crazy things that happen i guess, i just wish they didn't happen to me all the time. lol

when i do a factory reset after an update, it also wipes out the update, is this not what you see?

factory reset

The factory reset information screen says 20120706 on the bootloader and some of the others as well as the product version. The transponder is the default that came with the update for 99w. But it doesn't seem to matter which sat I try the signal meter is not working. I even set up 87w c and k and moved the dish 1 click at a time back to well past the position where it should have been and no signal came in at all on either c or k. I don't have any way of knowing when I am on a satellite other than visually looking at the dish and moving 1 or 2 clicks at a time and rescanning until I get a hit. Once you get a hit and scan it in the signal meter will work.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)