GEOSATpro MicroHD Not Scanning in Channels on AMC 9 @ 83.0°W C-Band

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
All modes of scan with the exception of "Preprogrammed TPs" and manually adding frequencies does not Blind Scan active transponders on AMC 9 C-Band. I did notice this sometime ago, but didn't border to post it. I'm using the latest firmware that was released on June 26th of this year.

I did but MicroHD has never scanned in any of these channels from lyngSat without me entering them manually. I have tried all combinations of blind scan, but nothing. I wonder what else I'm missing from 83.0°w C_Band?:confused:

I haven't had problems blind scanning in those few c-band channels on the MicroHD with my 10 foot dish using a orthomode feed, and 8115 lnbs.. I'm still running the last official firmware from 4-5 months ago, and they come right in.

Why don't you list your entire system, dish, lnbs, etc and settings and it might be more useful info for Brian to figure this issue out.

I haven't had problems blind scanning in those few c-band channels on the MicroHD with my 10 foot dish using a orthomode feed, and 8115 lnbs.. I'm still running the last official firmware from 4-5 months ago, and they come right in.

Why don't you list your entire system, dish, lnbs, etc and settings and it might be more useful info for Brian to figure this issue out.
Using the Geosat Pro Dual C-Band LNB, MicroHD, and 6ft WSI Dish. I have good signal quality, but they have never scanned in without my adding them manually. I don't think this is LNB related or has anything to do with Dish size. I'm afraid MicroHD is the problem here.

Thats not good news for my microhd :eek:

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Using the Geosat Pro Dual C-Band LNB, MicroHD, and 6ft WSI Dish. I have good signal quality, but they have never scanned in without my adding them manually. I don't think this is LNB related or has anything to do with Dish size. I'm afraid MicroHD is the problem here.

"Never scanned in" are you saying with ANY firmware version/date loaded, or only this last test firmware? Because I proved that the MicroHD does and is capable of blind scanning in these channels with my system. So, the upshot is if it's NEVER worked for you, there's quite obviously some sort of an issue with your system, whether you believe that or not.

There does seem to be some kind of issue with the Micro on this one. After several attempts in both Normal mode and Detailed mode on my system(10ft dish, ortho feed, 8115 Norsats), the only TP found was 3812 during a Normal mode scan. Conversely the X2 Premium found all four TP's and rather quickly by comparison. Micro is running the 2-18-2013 firmware, X2 is running the June 27 firmware.

Have scanned and logged channels from this satellite without issue during previous testing using a 7.5' Sami and C2 LNBF, Will check and report findings from the bench systems next week. Should be back in the office next Tuesday.

Pro96, I would personally appreciate your participation in exchanging pertinent information rather than your typical juvenile and asinine comments. I have PMed you privately in the past, but you just don't seem to understand.

"Never scanned in" are you saying with ANY firmware version/date loaded, or only this last test firmware? Because I proved that the MicroHD does and is capable of blind scanning in these channels with my system. So, the upshot is if it's NEVER worked for you, there's quite obviously some sort of an issue with your system, whether you believe that or not.

From the onset the MicroHD never blind scanned in those channels, regardless of the firmware.

Last edited:
Have scanned and logged channels from this satellite without issue during previous testing using a 7.5' Sami and C2 LNBF, Will check and report findings from the bench systems next week. Should be back in the office next Tuesday.

Pro96, I would personally appreciate your participation in exchanging pertinent information rather than your typical juvenile and asinine comments. I have PMed you privately in the past, but you just don't seem to understand.

Thanks, Brian. I look forward to your findings and possible solutions.

Last edited:
All modes of scan with the exception of "Preprogrammed TPs" and manually adding frequencies does not Blind Scan active transponders on AMC 9 C-Band. I did notice this sometime ago, but didn't border to post it. I'm using the latest firmware that was released on June 26th of this year.

Same here:
** Did not scan in :: 3804:: V:: 4167 :: 3/4 :: DVB-S/QPSK

* Yes Scanned in with Micro HD :: 3931:: V:: 14062:: 7/8 :: DVB-S/QPSK

** Did not scan in :: 3810:: V: 3077 :: 3/4 :: DVB-S/QPSK

** Did not scan in :: 3813::V: 2351 :: 3/4 :: DVB-S/QPSK

** Did not scan in :: 3817 :: V: 2879 :: 3/4 :: DVB-S/QPSK

Those that did not scan in were in the transponder list with the scan done by detail scanning.

Finally went back and highlighted each transponder separately then they came in on the mirco hd.

The Azbox scanned all of them in on a blind scan the first time around.

While this does not occur on all satellites it does happen on AMC-9 with the micro hd not scanning in the channels on a blind scan.

The one that did scan in was a scrambled sports channel that is not there 24/7.

Thanks everyone for this information. We were able to duplicate on the bench systems. We will modify the scan routines to provide tighter SCPC signal recognition.

Might take a few weeks to generate new firmware as the signal logging / parameter changes will need to an extreme bench testing and we are working on several open projects.

Thanks everyone for this information. We were able to duplicate on the bench systems. We will modify the scan routines to provide tighter SCPC signal recognition.

Might take a few weeks to generate new firmware as the signal logging / parameter changes will need to an extreme bench testing and we are working on several open projects.

Thanks, Brian!

Brian, do you have any update on this? Thanks, for all you've done and continue to do!!

Bump***
anything new on this?
Last night I was at 97.0 and saw that the Micro was missing 6 different freq.'s from the blind scan.
on V side C-band.
all these were active and scanned in fine on another receiver but not the micro hd.
Scanning is always done using detailed mode.
Also cleared out the TP list and started over fresh/clean with same results.

If the tp is put into the list then it will pull it in but if not in the tp list they did not scan in.

I hope something can be done about it as the receiver is actually quite nice but if the blind scan is missing 50% on one polarity then this is a big issue.

The ones it did pull in were
so as you see on just 1 polarity I hit the 50% mark.

Firmware is UTD and other receivers using same dish pulled in the freq.'s which is how it became known that something was missing.

Close to a new release.

Are the transponders found in the normal mode?

I recommend using detailed mode only for finding oddball transponders that do not have DVB tables built correctly. Otherwise, normal mode is quicker a does a better job of logging transponders. Detailed mode finds those oddball transponders, but not the best for normal ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)