GEOSATpro MicroHD Not Scanning in Channels on AMC 9 @ 83.0°W C-Band

Thanks Brian for the hints there.

Just went in and deleted the TP list for that sat I mentioned.
This time used only "normal mode" for the scanning instead of the "detailed mode" which is what I have been using.
This time it located all the channels using normal scan mode that it did not find when using the detailed scan mode.

So maybe the normal scan mode is better than the detailed one?

I did not think about switching the different modes before.

Thanks for the help.

I always use normal mode and use detailed very rarely. I use the detailed mode only if trying to find a signal that does not have DVB compliant tables or has other oddities.

Will the geosat microhd boot from usb like azbox can?

Nope. If it's truly a corrupted file, you either have to send it in for repair, or buy the cable for reloading it through the internal serial port.

Have you disconnected everything on the back except for power and the cable to your tv set, and does it then boot all the way up? I'd try that if you haven't already.

Is it locked-up or in a cycling reboot with the start-up screen appearing for a second before rebooting?

If locked-up, what screen?

If cycling reboot follow primestar31's suggestion and reinstall the .udf file using the recommended TTL/USB convertor cable with a PC or send in for us to the same procedure on the bench.

Close to a new release.

Are the transponders found in the normal mode?

I recommend using detailed mode only for finding oddball transponders that do not have DVB tables built correctly. Otherwise, normal mode is quicker a does a better job of logging transponders. Detailed mode finds those oddball transponders, but not the best for normal ones.
Any update, Brian?

I always use normal mode and use detailed very rarely. I use the detailed mode only if trying to find a signal that does not have DVB compliant tables or has other oddities.

For a layman like me how does one know a signal with non-compliant DVB tables? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts