GEOSATpro microHD Remote TV/Radio function

Jimmy W

Original poster
Apr 25, 2013
New Mexico
Anyone know how to operate the radio/tv function for the Micro HD remote? When I press the button when listening to audio a message flashes that says "notice: no tv channel" When watching tv and I press the button, I get the message "notice: no radio channel".. Anyone know how to get this function to operate properly? Thanks

The Satellite and Channel list must include TV and Radio channels for the TV/Radio key to function. Try placing the Channel List on "All Satellites" or select a satellite that has both TV and Radio services.

Example: If a channel list only has TV services, the "Notice: No Radio Channel" will appear when the TV/Radio key is pressed. If a channel list only has Radio services, the "Notice: No TV Channel" will appear when the TV/Radio key is pressed.

My dish is stationary and on satellite 97w K G19 which has both radio and tv channels that are programmed in with my remote. I went into menu and put the selection on "All Satellite" but get none of the channels that I have programmed in. I still cannot switch between tv and radio using the button on the remote. I know it is possible because a previous Micro HD receiver I had would do it.

In your initial post you indicate that while watching a TV channel the no radio notice appears and while listening to radio the no TV notice appears. How are you able to switch between the TV and Radio modes?

If no channels are displayed when the "All Satellites" mode is selected in the Channel List, there is a problem.

When the firmware was updated, did you perform a Master Reset then remove the power for a few moments? This must be done before configuring the installation menu and scanning.

Have any Favorite List been created? Is it possible that a FAV list is selected when these notices are displayed?

Last edited:
Thanks very much Satellite AV for your time helping me out with this.

Yes, a long list of satellites shows up when I show "All Satellites"

I have TV as well as Radio channels programmed in and isolated in their respective favorites list - all on the same satellite. I must go in to the menu to switch from radio to television which always requires me to scroll through to find my favorites list to select before I can then listen or watch.

Regarding installation set up - a friend of mine who is a broadcast engineer set it up and downloaded the updated firmware for me. I assume he did it correctly since he has the same receiver in his home and knows what he is doing. '

Thanks again,

If you press the List/OK key on the remote, you can select between displaying channels sorted by Satellites or Favorites Lists.

If the TV and Radio stations are separated into different Favorite Lists and you have changed the Channel List display selection from either the ALL Satellites or 97w to instead be displaying a Favorites List (containing only TV or Radio services) the TV / Radio key cannot work as it will have nothing to switch between.

The Channel List mode that you have selected must have both TV and Radio services in order for the TV / Radio key to work. The TV Radio key will work if you are in the All Satellites, 97w or have TV and Radio services programmed into the selected Favorites List.

Well, I finally got it set up to switch back and forth from radio to TV and vice versa. I would never have thought to put both TV and radio selections in the same favorites list. I had them separated in their own respective list. After I put the tv selections in same favorite list with radio selections, the radio/tv selector button on the remote now functions. Thanks for your help!!