GEOSATpro MicroHD Support HDMI To Component Cable Only,No Converter Box?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skideric

Original poster
Mar 10, 2007
Marianna,FL
Wanting to know if MicroHD Supports HDMI To Component Cable Only,with No Converter Box,just cable? I know SOME devices support this.Has to support Analog & Digital.Just got cable in TODAY.My HDMI Ports got blown in a power surge,component is fine.If not guess i'll be getting converter box.
On a different subject,cannot believe how INCREDIBLY SHORT the Standard video output cable is on MicroHD.Most everyone would need an extension video cable. :confused:

On a different subject,cannot believe how INCREDIBLY SHORT the Standard video output cable is on MicroHD.Most everyone would need an extension video cable. :confused:

Most people that buy this box have an HD TV set. Nice to have the composite out though.

I KNOW that,but Analog out CAN be included in the HDMI Pinout.Prob VERY few use it i guess though.Actually makes since to give you more options & fewer connections on product.Wish the HD had component.Well it's just Video out (with extension cable) for me until i can afford a converter.Still use the S9 for HD for now.
Thanks for QUICK response!

I KNOW that,but Analog out CAN be included in the HDMI Pinout.Prob VERY few use it i guess though.Actually makes since to give you more options & fewer connections on product.Wish the HD had component.Well it's just Video out (with extension cable) for me until i can afford a converter.Still use the S9 for HD for now.
Thanks for QUICK response!

This link may help clear things up on the HDMI signals: http://www.hdmi.org/installers/insidehdmicable.aspx

It would only work if it is a vendor installed option because the HDMI specification doesn't allow for it. Sort of like special adapters to do special things from computer video cards such as component through the DVI. Check the documentation.

I don't see a single thing there to show any sort of analog signal is ever capable of going through an HDMI port...

The HDMI protocol does not support analog, but I have observed HDMI ports and cables being used for analog distribution. Example: Slingbox SB200-100 has a HDMI type plug to accept analog audio and component video. The plug is not HDMI compliant and does not accept digital signals.

Sling HDMI.JPG

It would only work if it is a vendor installed option because the HDMI specification doesn't allow for it. Sort of like special adapters to do special things from computer video cards such as component through the DVI. Check the documentation.
Actually, it is more like a dongle to watch Dish Network. It is a bypass for HDMI copy protection according to the CH. sellers....... I am not implying that all HDMI is copy protected, but the one that work apparently are intended for that; and there is a chip in the connector. (per Engrs from KING 5 and KIRO 7 - SEA. at coffee shop on Willows Road, Redmond WA.)

Last edited:
Actually, it is more like a dongle to watch Dish Network. It is a bypass for HDMI copy protection according to the CH. sellers....... I am not implying that all HDMI is copy protected, but the one that work apparently are intended for that; and there is a chip in the connector. (per Engrs from KING 5 and KIRO 7 - SEA. at coffee shop on Willows Road, Redmond WA.)

I don't think that has anything to do with what I said. But then again, this is the microHD discussion. SatelliteAV has my idea.

Last edited:
KC9TIK said:
I don't think that has anything to do with what I said. But then again, this is the microHD discussion.

It definitely has nothing to do with the microHD either. We would never be associated with defeating any copy protection!

I bought one of those HDMI to Component cables off of ebay for 8 bucks or something and it doesn't work so don't bother. There must have been a lot of unhappy buyers because they have since put a note on the product saying your device must be able to be configured to use it...total scam. I'm just glad it didn't blow anything up.

I also bought the VGA to Component cable they sell...again, no go. You'll need a proper converter box.

Steve

VGA-to-Component is probably for people with graphics cards that do DVI-I. DVI-I-to-VGA adapters are common, so I suspect that the cards can probably be programmed to output YPrPb instead of RGB on the VGA signal pins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts