GEOSATpro why does the openbox s9 scan in nbc and fox on 99w but microhd won't?

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
i see fox puerto rico is not scanning in now on the microhd. went to the solomend s9 and scanned in perfect. will try again with the microhd. i have trouble downloading to the usb hard drive and then taking it to the computer and editing etc. just curious as to why openbox doesn't have any problems with these two channels. thanks, charlie

Hmm I scanned it fine with my S10 too but cant say about the Micro since I dont have one.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

must be a firmware issue, I have 3 S9 and 2 S10 and none of them scan them in. Of course all of them have the same firmware version. Are you sure they're NBC and Fox in 1080i and 720p?? What date is your firmware??? Thanks

my firmware on the s9 is hdst 11-03-21. it is not one of the newest ones but i like it because the moving dish goes away when it sees signal and it doesn't lock up. charlie

I should have added that I did the complicated workaround posted somewhere on the net... Maybe here? Using the CW HD channel on 91W and moving back to 99W and editing the channel name, etc... Too complicated, but it works. I got NBC HD back doing that, but I hope I don't have to go through that to get FOX HD back.

Could anyone provide a TS recording using TS reader of the 99w transponder?

We are relocating the C-band dish this week and will not be able to capture the stream until next week.

Thank you!

For now, add the channels manually using the PC channel editor. Once we have a file for testing of the Transponder Stream, we will release a new firmware file.

No offer yet to provide a TS recording, so we will need to wait for our dish farm relocation to be completed.

roof_20121017.JPG

The dishes have been relocated. Roofer should be here in the AM to install a POE.
Already installed the distribution, cabinet and a 5x18 port Spaun DiSEqC/Multi-switch.

Project almost complete!

Cool! I would like to see pics of the cabinet and switch, when all complete, maybe even the set-up of receivers and such.

I think there is a scan timebomb in the microhd. ;) I had scan problems Wednesday - I locked a signal, it didn't scan in video/audio as I expected and I was stumped as it was the first time I saw that occur. I looked at the transport stream and it had a good datastream so the video/audio should have been written to memory without problems.

What I did was turn off the MicroHD and then back on and the signal scanned fine after that power off/power on.

I recommend you do the same because the signal at 99W in this thread still has a good datastream so there is no excuse for it not to scan in properly. In fact, I just tested it with my microHD and had no problems.

skysurfer said:
I think there is a scan timebomb in the microhd. ;) I had scan problems Wednesday - I locked a signal, it didn't scan in video/audio as I expected and I was stumped as it was the first time I saw that occur. I looked at the transport stream and it had a good datastream so the video/audio should have been written to memory without problems.

What I did was turn off the MicroHD and then back on and the signal scanned fine after that power off/power on.

I recommend you do the same because the signal at 99W in this thread still has a good datastream so there is no excuse for it not to scan in properly. In fact, I just tested it with my microHD and had no problems.

So, just to be clear...

You were trying to scan the Puerto Rico MUX on 99W and in scan mode you turned the MICROHD off? And when you turned it back on it DID scan in the TWO HD channels we are talking about here?

one thing about the 3846 tp on 99w is that every channel there shows 'no name'. on the openbox they have ch1, ch2, ch3, etc.. is that something about the signal on that tp that the microhd does not compute? charlie

chaskuchar said:
one thing about the 3846 tp on 99w is that every channel there shows 'no name'. on the openbox they have ch1, ch2, ch3, etc.. is that something about the signal on that tp that the microhd does not compute? charlie

Yes, and apparently on the Alien 8240 they rewrote the software and are now able to scan the two new HD channels, so I can only assume it is software? All this is way beyond me.... I'm just a user from my easy chair!

this is only one of my toys. the dehydrator is going in the garage, drying herbs and tomatoes, and 6 rock polishers are running, trying to polish rocks, and lots of birds and squirrels need feeding out in the yard. life goes on waiting for the second coming... charlie

when there is "no name" for the channel depending on the receiver it shows different names
My Pansat shows TV1, TV2, TV3 whereas the Micro shows "no name"..another receiver shows "ch1"
Its like the signal meter.....it varies on each receiver

3848 H 15029:
Which SID is the FOX HD? I get 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, and 113 on a scan a week ago or so. New scan shows 5 is missing. Checked again and there is now an 8 with vpid of 2049. Is this the FOX HD stream?
Nice to see the HD on this mux. Wonder if they will have to increase the data rate eventually...

You were trying to scan the Puerto Rico MUX on 99W and in scan mode you turned the MICROHD off? And when you turned it back on it DID scan in the TWO HD channels we are talking about here?

I'm just saying: if you are trying to scan a locked signal such as this mux and you get "no program found" after doing the scan when you know there should be channels found and added to the receiver's memory, then turn off the MicroHD and turn it back on and hopefully it will reinitialize itself and start working properly again.

I had one occasion so far of the scan not working (on other signals, not this PR mux) but a turn off/turn on fixed things to where the scan started working again.

skysurfer said:
I'm just saying: if you are trying to scan a locked signal such as this mux and you get "no program found" after doing the scan when you know there should be channels found and added to the receiver's memory, then turn off the MicroHD and turn it back on and hopefully it will reinitialize itself and start working properly again.

I had one occasion so far of the scan not working (on other signals, not this PR mux) but a turn off/turn on fixed things to where the scan started working again.

In other words, it did not scan in the two NBC and FOX HD channels we are talking about. You are suggesting to try it...

The Reason I am so specific is because it is a pain in the neck to rename ( I hate the PC list method) the channels after attempting another rescan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)